- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
BMW India has launched the Z4 Roadster in India. The 2019 BMW Z4 Roadster is available with a starting price of Rs 68.90 lakh and is available in two variants — sDrive20i and M40i. The top-spec BMW Z4 Roadster M40i is offered with a price tag of Rs 78.90 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (India).
Dr. Hans-Christian Baertels, President (act.), BMW Group India said:
"BMW has a rich history of roadsters that have stood out as icons of pure driving pleasure. The all-new BMW Z4 Roadster is our brand-new addition to its long history of engrossing roadsters. With dynamic proportions, emotional design and thrilling sportiness, this open-top two-seater takes the classic roadster into the world of tomorrow. When the roof opens, there are no limits to driving pleasure in the all-new BMW Z4 Roadster."
The BMW Z4 Roadster will come with a choice of two engines: an in-line six-cylinder twin-turbocharged petrol unit producing 345bhp and 500Nm of torque. The second will be in the form of a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine churning out 200bhp and 320Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission units.
The BMW Z4 Roadster sDrive20i claims to have a 0 - 100km/h time of 6.6 seconds while reaching a top speed of 240km/h. The sDrive20i also claims a decent fuel efficiency figure of 14.37km/l. The Z4 Roadster M40i, on the other hand, claims a top-speed limited to 250km/h while doing a 0 - 100km/h sprint in 4.5 seconds. The BMW Z4 Roadster M40i claims a mileage return of 12.82km/l.
BMW has kept the design similar to the concept showcased a while ago. This includes a wide signature kidney grille and angular LED headlamps upfront. The 2019 BMW Z4 replaces the signature double-barrel headlamp cluster, with a more angular and aggressive looking set up. The side and rear profile of the 2019 BMW Z4 come with angular design, this includes the upswept LED tail lights and a contoured body.
The standard sDrive20i variant comes with BMW's Sportline exterior design package. The M40i variant, on the other hand, comes with BMW's M Package. This includes the M Aerodynamics package, exterior M badging, gloss black shadow line finish, door sill finishers and M leather steering.
Features on the new 2019 BMW Z4 Roadster include the brand's latest design theme, a more angular dashboard towards the driver and an all-digital instrument cluster. Other features on the BMW Z4 Roadster: pedestrian detection, emergency braking, rear collision warning, cross traffic alert, auto parking, adaptive cruise control, heads-up display and lane departure warning.
In addition to this, the M40i variant also receives features such as sport suspension, variable steering, electronically controlled dampers, M sport braking and various drive modes as well.
Thoughts On The New 2019 BMW Z4 Roadster Launch India
The BMW Z4 Roadster is among the popular sports car offerings from the German brand in the Indian market. It rivals the likes of the Porsche 718 Boxster and the Audi TT in the Indian market. The latest-generation version of the BMW Z4 also comes with a more aggressive stance, which will attract more customers.