- 26 min ago Citroen Reveals Plan To Convert All Its Cars To Electric Or Plug-In Hybrids By 2025
- 47 min ago New Kia Carnival MPV To Launch In India At 2020 Auto Expo — Rivals The Toyota Innova Crysta
- 1 hr ago New Maruti Suzuki Premium Six-Seater MPV Spied — To Be Called The ‘XL6’
- 1 hr ago Delhi Police Launches E-Challan And E-Payment System — Traffic Violators Beware
- News Explained: What is the Shimla Agreement and Lahore Declaration
- Movies Golden Star Ganesh’s Geetha Bought By Amazon Prime For A Whopping Sum? Sets New Record!
- Lifestyle Shocking Video Shows Man Getting Biggest Clump Of Earwax Removed
- Sports Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard get West Indies recall for T20Is against India
- Technology Asus ZenFone Max M2 Price Axed In India: Now Starts At Rs. 7,999
- Finance HDFC Bank Revises FD Rates Lower
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
BMW India has confirmed the launch of their flagship SUV, the X7 for the Indian market. The BMW X7 will be launched in India on the 25th July and will be positioned above the X5 in the brand's 'X-series'.
BMW will initially bring in just the range-topping M50d variant of the X7 to the Indian market. This variant will be brought in as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). BMW will introduce the other lower variants at a later stage, which is scheduled to be assembled in the brand's Indian plant.
The BMW X7 is internationally available in a range of four variants: xDrive 40i, xDrive 50i, xDrive 30d and the M 50d. India will miss out entirely on the xDrive 50i, while the remaining three variants will make its way here.
The xDrive 40i, the base variant of the BMW X7 comes powered by a 3.0-litre petrol engine producing 340bhp and 450Nm of torque. The xDrive 30d will be offered with a 3.0-litre diesel churning out 265bhp and 620Nm of torque and the range-topping M 50d will receive a 3.0-litre diesel unit putting out 400bhp and 760Nm of torque. All the engines will further come mated to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission unit sending power to all four-wheels.
The BMW X7 is the first-ever product from the brand to feature three-rows of seats. The BMW X7 is a massive SUV which offers an imposing stance, especially with the prominent kidney-grille up front. BMW has fitted the X7 with standard LED lighting all around, including the headlights, tail lights DRLs and fog lamps.
At the rear, the X7 comes with a split tailgate design, opening up 365-litre of boot space with all three-rows upright. Fold the third and second-row of seats and the luggage space expands to over 2,120-litres.
Inside, the dashboard of the X7 has been inspired by the latest 7-series sedan model from the BMW lineup. It comes with split 12.4-inch screens, panoramic sunroof, rich premium quilted leather seats, five-zone automatic climate control, rear seat entertainment system, Bowers & wilkins surround sound system and a host of other luxury features and equipments.
Thoughts On The BMW X7 India-Launch Details
The BMW X7 was unveiled globally back in October 2018. The SUV is finally confirmed for the Indian market and will be the latest flagship model from the German brand. Once launched in India, the BMW X7 will rival the likes of the Range Rover LWB and the Mercedes-Benz GLS; with an expected pricing of over Rs 1.3 crores, ex-showroom.