- 4 min ago Tata Altroz Premium Hatchback Teased Ahead Of Its July Debut
- 2 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 2 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 4 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Mohammed Shami's estranged wife Hasin Jahan has this to say on his hat-trick
- Lifestyle Eat These Vitamin D-rich Foods For Improved Immunity & Bone Health
- News Kejriwal urges Centre to increase Delhi's water share; promises 24x7 water supply by 2024
- Technology How To Travel With Drone To A New Country – All You Need To Know
- Movies Nagarjuna's Past Comments About Bigg Boss Telugu Haunt Him Big Time; Deets Inside!
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
BMW India has launched the new X4 SUV-coupe in India at a starting price of Rs 60.60 lakh ex-showroom (India). The new BMW X4 is essentially a bridge between an SUV and a sports coupe; thus offering the best of both in terms of driving dynamics and every-day practicality.
The new BMW X4 is available in three variants with the choice for petrol and diesel powertrains, as given below:
- BMW X4 xDrive20d M Sport X: Rs 60,60,000
- BMW X4 xDrive30d M Sport X: Rs 65,90,000
- BMW X4 xDrive30i M Sport X: Rs 63,50,000
Prior to the launch of the new BMW X4, the German automaker sold only the performance-focussed X6 M in the niche SUV-coupe market. The BMW X6 is not available in a regular diesel format like it was a few years back. As for the new BMW X4, it perfectly fills the gap between the X3 and X5 in the brand's product portfolio.
Since it gets some 'M treatment', the India-spec BMW X4 comes standard with sportier bumpers and side skirts, along with 19-inch alloy wheels. Further visual drama is added by the dual-exhaust setup and the subtle roof-mounted spoiler.
On the inside, the BMW X4 sports M Sport seats, panoramic sunroof, 10.25-inch iDrive touchscreen infotainment system, 16-speaker Harman Kardon audio, heads-up display and a lot of 'M' badges to please the enthusiasts. In terms of safety, the SUV offers six airbags, Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Cornering Brake Control (CBC) and even Attentiveness Assistance.
Regarding specifications, the X4 xDrive20d is powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine which makes 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. On the other hand, the higher 30d variant gets the proven 3.0-litre straight-six diesel, producing 265bhp and 620Nm.
Even though the market for a petrol-powered SUV will be low, BMW opted to give a petrol variant for the X4 in the form of the xDrive30i. It makes 252bhp and 350Nm of torque from its 2.0-litre four-cylinder motor.
All the three engines mentioned above come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. As the 'xDrive' tag implies, power is sent to all four wheels.
In short, the new BMW X4 promises a sporty riding experience without having to worry about the approaching bad terrain.
Thoughts On The New BMW X4
The BMW X4 can be considered as a strategic move from the brand to fill every possible price bracket with a compelling product. As of now, there are no direct rivals to the X4 since the only other SUV-coupes on the market are the Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 and GLE 43; both of which are priced relatively higher. For the same reason, the BMW X4 has the potential to create a market of its own.