- 2 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 200 4V BS-VI First Ride Review: Cleaner, Greener & Still A Thriller
- 2 days ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 4 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Prithvi Shaw slams 200 as Mumbai in total command against Baroda
- Lifestyle What Does Your Headache Reveal About Your Overall Health?
- Movies Rani Mukerji Says Her Character From Mardaani 2 Wouldn’t Fit In Rohit Shetty’s Cop Universe
- News Citizenship bill will benefit 1.5 cr people; 50pc are SC, STs: RSS
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The BMW 8 Series Coupe was globally unveiled last month. However, this is the first time that the car has been spotted testing on the Indian soil, which confirms that the Coupe will be launched in our market soon.
The BMW 8 Series Coupe, which is the successor to the 6 Series Coupe has been snapped testing in Gurgaon by MotorBeam. The car is heavily camouflaged, but still, all the sharp lines, creases and the aggressive styling of the coupe can be seen.
BMW's also launched an official teaser which showed that the 8 Series will made its debut in Munich by the end of June. However, there is no sign for the India launch yet, but we expect it to be followed closely with the international market.
Let's talk about the styling of the 8-Series. From the spy pictures, it is visible that the body of the coupe has been extended from the A-pillar in a downward slope which now gives it a much more lean look.
However, less headroom for tall passengers at the rear seat might a result of the gently sloping roof. Size-wise, the 8-Series Coupe is 5082 mm in length, 1932 mm wide, and has a height of 1407 mm.
The 8 Series Gran Coupé will be available in both petrol and diesel. Powering the 840i will be a turbocharged 3.0-litre, in-line six-cylinder, petrol unit. It will pump out 340bhp and 500Nm of peak torque. It can be had in the rear- or four-wheel drive, for which the 0-100kph times are 5.2 seconds and 4.9 seconds respectively.
On the other hand, the diesel 840d will be powered by a 3.0-litre, inline-six engine that will churn out 320bhp and 680Nm of torque. A 0-100kph sprint is claimed in just 5.1 seconds. Moreover, the top of the line M850i xDrive will host a 4.4-litre, turbocharged V8 engine that will make 530bhp of power and is claimed to hit 100kph from rest in 3.9 seconds.
All engines are mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox, with the 840i and M850i xDrive both featuring an M Sport rear differential. Rear-wheel steering is standard on four-wheel-drive cars and optional on rear-wheel-drive models.
Thoughts On The BMW 8-Series Coupe
BMW has been making great cars when it comes to performance and luxury for a long time now. By launching the 8 Series in our market the company will be creating a new benchmark as far as styling and performance go.