- 7 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- 9 hrs ago KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- 11 hrs ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- 13 hrs ago Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- Technology Amazon EMI Offers Aug 23rd - 26th: Best Time to Purchase Premium Smartphones
- News FATF review: Pakistan failed 32 of 40 parameters
- Finance 7 Best HDFC Mutual Fund Schemes You Must Buy
- Movies Porinju Mariam Jose Box Office Collections Day 1: Makes A Solid And Promising Opening!
- Sports West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights: Ishant takes five to put India in command
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
BMW India has launched a new entry-level variant to their 6-series GT lineup in the market, the 620d GT. The new BMW 620d GT (Gran Turismo) is priced at Rs 63.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India) and will be assembled in the brand's Indian plant situated in Chennai.
The BMW 620d GT will be available in the Luxury Line design scheme. The new 620d GT will be the latest addition to the 6-series GT lineup, which already includes the 630d GT Luxury Line and MSport trims.
The addition of the 620d further diversifies the diesel portfolio of the 6-series GT lineup in the Indian market. The new model although more affordable, comes with all the features and equipments expected from the German brand in the market.
Dr Hans-Christian Baertels, President, BMW Group India stated:
"With the launch of the first-ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo, we created a new segment in the Indian luxury car market. Its distinctive vehicle concept, which fuses the long distance comfort of a luxury sedan and modern functionality in an alluring coupé style, has proven to be an instant hit in this class and has become a trend-setter. The BMW 620d Gran Turismo featuring an exceptionally efficient entry level diesel engine further strengthens the portfolio of the first-ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo."
The BMW 620d GT comes with a number of features which include Adaptive LED headlamps with selective beam and cornering lights, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, active rear spoiler, chrome inserts for the Luxury trim, automatic tailgate and a sloping coupe-like roofline.
Interior features on the BMW 620d GT: two-part panoramic sunroof, electrically-adjustable rear passenger seats, electrically-operated sunblinds, two 10.2-inch colour screen for the rear passengers, ambiente lighting, leather-wrapped steering wheel and wood inserts all around the cabin; among others.
The BMW 620d GT is powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-turbo diesel engine. It produces 188bhp and 44Nm of torque and is mated to an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission unit. In terms of technology, BMW also offers the 620d GT with five driving modes - Comfort, Comfort+, Adaptive, Eco Pro and Sport. It also features adaptive cruise control and 2-axle air suspension for automatic self-levelling.
Thoughts On The BMW 620d GT Launch
BMW has introduced a new variant to its 6-series GT lineup in the Indian market. The new entry-level 6-series GT model will continue to rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class in the Indian market.