- 1 hr ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 2 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- Sports Virat Kohli on his way to being hailed as greatest of all time: Ranveer Singh
- News Congress top brass discuss strategy for PM Modi's June 20 meeting
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Fame Jagan's Married; Wedding Graced By Sandalwood Stars! Host Sudeep Is Missing
- Finance Fitch Lowers India Growth Forecast For FY20 To 6.6%
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A70 Cases And Covers To Buy In India
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor & Alia Bhatt Make Us Want To Invest In Green Pantsuits
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
BMW India has launched a new entry-level variant to their 6-series GT lineup in the market, the 620d GT. The new BMW 620d GT (Gran Turismo) is priced at Rs 63.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India) and will be assembled in the brand's Indian plant situated in Chennai.
The BMW 620d GT will be available in the Luxury Line design scheme. The new 620d GT will be the latest addition to the 6-series GT lineup, which already includes the 630d GT Luxury Line and MSport trims.
The addition of the 620d further diversifies the diesel portfolio of the 6-series GT lineup in the Indian market. The new model although more affordable, comes with all the features and equipments expected from the German brand in the market.
Dr Hans-Christian Baertels, President, BMW Group India stated:
"With the launch of the first-ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo, we created a new segment in the Indian luxury car market. Its distinctive vehicle concept, which fuses the long distance comfort of a luxury sedan and modern functionality in an alluring coupé style, has proven to be an instant hit in this class and has become a trend-setter. The BMW 620d Gran Turismo featuring an exceptionally efficient entry level diesel engine further strengthens the portfolio of the first-ever BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo."
The BMW 620d GT comes with a number of features which include Adaptive LED headlamps with selective beam and cornering lights, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, active rear spoiler, chrome inserts for the Luxury trim, automatic tailgate and a sloping coupe-like roofline.
Interior features on the BMW 620d GT: two-part panoramic sunroof, electrically-adjustable rear passenger seats, electrically-operated sunblinds, two 10.2-inch colour screen for the rear passengers, ambiente lighting, leather-wrapped steering wheel and wood inserts all around the cabin; among others.
The BMW 620d GT is powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-turbo diesel engine. It produces 188bhp and 44Nm of torque and is mated to an eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission unit. In terms of technology, BMW also offers the 620d GT with five driving modes - Comfort, Comfort+, Adaptive, Eco Pro and Sport. It also features adaptive cruise control and 2-axle air suspension for automatic self-levelling.
Thoughts On The BMW 620d GT Launch
BMW has introduced a new variant to its 6-series GT lineup in the Indian market. The new entry-level 6-series GT model will continue to rival the likes of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class in the Indian market.