- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
BMW has started taking off the wraps off of its next generation 1 Series, literally. The compact hatchback is closer to its global reveal than ever before. Thanks to new images published on Facebook, we get to see a near-production prototype carrying most of the final finishers.
Although most of the new BMW 1 Series hatchback is still camouflaged, it's easy to notice a couple of things.
The headlights and taillights are somewhat exposed and represent a significant change from the outgoing and aging 1 Series, giving the car a new, sleeker look that one expects from an all-new car. The hatchback appears to be larger than the outgoing model and possibly comes with a longer wheelbase.
One of the images also shows a bit of the interior of the 1 Series, and we know it features fully digital instrument cluster. BMW's entry-level car will drop the analog dials to make room for a display, however it remains to be seen whether the digital setup will be featured across the range or if it will be featured in the higher-spec cars.
In a separate teaser image released by BMW France, we catch a glimpse of another 1 Series. It could be the M135i judging by the satin mirror caps and the grille pattern, This will be the top-of-the-line model range topper as the Germany based auto giants have shot down the possibility of a fully fledged M model.
With the teasers dropping in quick succession, a full reveal is definitely around the corner. Deliveries are scheduled to commence in Europe before the end of the year, according to a statement made by BMW chairman Harald Krüger during the 99th Annual General Meeting.
The BMW 1 Series was discontinued in India in 2017. The company used to sell just one variant in the country. The 5-door, 118d Sport Line was powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine that produced 150bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. The engine came mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The All New BMW 1 Series
The new BMW 1 Series look really good from what we can see from the images. We wish now that BMW kept the 1 Series going in the country and that this model came to India too. What a pity.