- 7 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 7 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
The Bentley Continental GT reinforced its status as the best Grand Tourer ever produced, by claiming the record for a production car at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on Sunday, 30th of June, 2019 in Colorado, USA.
The Ultimate Grand Tourer was driven by Rhys Millen, completed the course in a record time of 10:18.488, which is close to 8 seconds faster than the previous International record at the Pikes Peak. The car raced under the #100 number to honour Bentley's 100th anniversary.
The Continental GT was driven by three-time champion and former 'King of the Mountain', Rhys Millen who is from New Zealand. The car averaged a speed of about 112kmph throughout the course and climbed almost 5,000ft through 156 bends. Millen and his driving skills complemented the world's most advanced 12-cylinder engine to claim this coveted record.
A year ago, the Bentley Bentayga also performed extremely well and claimed the outright record for a production SUV at the Pikes Peak course. The Bentayga was driven by Rhys Millen at the time, and the world's most luxurious SUV also managed to finish the course in 10:49.9, shaving close to two minutes off the previous record.
Brian Gush, Director of Motorsport, Bentley, said, "This new record once again proves that the spirit of endeavor and desire to push the boundaries of automotive performance remain at the beating heart of Bentley. It clearly demonstrates the Continental GT's astonishing breadth of ability."
Millen, elated after this performance said,"This is an amazing finish to a wet, snowy 2019 run at Pikes Peak! We came here with one goal in mind, and that was to be the fastest production car up the mountain and set a new record. It was an incredible week. Today was a challenge with what Mother Nature threw at us, but the Continental GT held strong all the way to the top, and we are now number one".
From motorsport records to incredibly powerful road cars of the modern era, all of Bentley's cars have innovation built into them. 10t July 2019 marks Bentley's 100th year, which is a milestone only few companies have achieved.
Bentley has planned a year-long series of through 2019, with celebrations at other events around the world. The company will also showcase it's motoring evolution over the last 100 years, highlighting its global success and the exciting future of innovation ahead.
Thoughts About The Bentley Continental GT Setting A Record At Pikes Peak Hill Climb
We're not really surprised considering Bentley produces some of the best performance cars in the world. We are used to seeing and using a Bentley as a luxury vehicle in the country and folk who own them, use them as a 'show-off'. Another brand that suffers the same fate is Land Rover - highly capable, built for unbelievable performance, and used in India just to show riches.