- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Cab aggregator Uber announced on Thursday that it has partnered with Bajaj Auto to introduce the Bajaj Qute passenger quadricycle in its fleet of UberXS services. The alliance is exclusive, and will kick off at Bengaluru for now.
The Bajaj Qute is essentially a driver plus three-passenger quadricycle — a four-wheeled vehicle that's smaller and lighter than a passenger car. The Qute is slighter larger than conventional three-wheelers in the Indian market, and offers a functional design. The cabin is minimalistic, features an analogue speedometer, a basic steering wheel, and a fairly large storage compartment.
The Qute is powered by a 216cc single cylinder liquid-cooled engine that produces 13bhp of power and 18.9Nm of torque. The engine come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The Qute is also available in a CNG variant and this variant produces 10.8bhp of power and 16.1Nm of torque.
Nandini Maheshwari, Head — Business Development, Uber India and South Asia, said, "We are delighted to partner with one of India's most trusted names, Bajaj Auto, to launch Bajaj Qute on UberXS in Bengaluru. At Uber, we constantly work towards transforming the mobility landscape of cities, with technology at the heart of our solutions."
"This partnership is an extension of Uber's commitment towards lowering transportation costs, enhancing asset utilization and improving rider convenience," she added.
According to the company, the Qute quadricycle weighs just 452kgs, has a turning radius of 3.5-meters, and offers fantastic mileage. All units available with the UberXS option will be powered by the Eco-friendly CNG fuel that offers an economy of 43km/kg.
UberXS is a brand-new category in the Indian region and will be offered exclusively in Bengaluru city. Uber's riders will be able to see the UberXS option on the application starting Thursday. The company says that services will be made available at Indiranagar, Koramangala, HSR Layout and along some parts of the Outer Ring Road.
To know more about the Bajaj Qute, click here.
Thoughts About The Bajaj Qute Making It To The Uber List.
We think this is excellent timing. Bajaj and Uber have made this happen just before the monsoons kick in and a lot of folk who use rickshaws as a mode of transport will be happier to stay drier during the season.
However, we're wondering how the quadricycle will perform with three passengers in the vehicle. I guess we will have call for one on Thursday, and experience the ride.