- 36 min ago 2019 Mahindra Mojo ABS Images & Details Leaked Ahead Of Its Launch
- 17 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 17 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 17 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Not fair to blame de Kock for not going for DRS against Williamson; even Dhoni missed it vs Pakistan
- News IIT Kharagpur to introduce undergraduate research programme
- Movies Arjun Patiala Trailer: Kriti Sanon, Diljit Dosanjh & Varun Sharma Promise Some Madcap Fun!
- Technology Motorola One Vision Launch Live Update: Everything you need to know
- Finance Govt May Raise Tax Exemption Slab In Upcoming Budget To Improve Economy: Report
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Auto rickshaws manufactured by Bajaj and Piaggio have been pressed into service in Liverpool by cab aggregator Ola cabs. While Ola was battling to continue its operations in the home-state of Karnataka, the company was also preparing for the launch of its auto rickshaw service in Liverpool.
Ola received permission to continue operations in Bangalore while its auto rickshaws continued to grab attention in Liverpool. The auto-rickshaws look attractive as they have been painted in the neon-green Ola theme. Ola garnered a lot of attention on the first day itself as the ''tuk-tuks' ferried passengers around the liverpool city centre free of cost as a promotional exercise.
Liverpool becomes the fifth city in the UK to start Ola operations. The first city for Ola in the UK was Cardiff where operations started in August 2018. Expanding operations to five cities in a time span of just seven months can easily be termed as rapid growth.
Ola is aiming to grow at a faster pace in order to compete with its archrival - Uber. Uber is clearly the global leader in the cab aggregator space. Ola however, has been giving Uber a run for its money in the Indian market, and it plans to do the same in International markets too.
In the UK, Ola is following a strategy of empowering its drivers by charging a commission of just 10 percent which is great from the drivers' perspective because its rivals charge around 25 percent.
Ola will also be the only app that can work with both Black Cabs and private hire vehicles. This gives the customers an advantage as the prices for Black Cabs do not peak even during rush hours.
Thoughts On Bajaj & Piaggio Auto Rickshaws In The UK Operated By Ola
The Bajaj RE Compact auto rickshaw and Piaggio Ape Auto+ are the most popular auto rickshaws in India. Seeing them ferrying passengers in the united Kingdom is great. Ola is planning to expand to more cities in the United Kingdom by the end of 2019 and we would soon see more such auto-rickshaws in the UK.