- 7 hrs ago Honda CD 110 Dream BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 62,729
- 8 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Hyundai Registers 12,583 Units Of Sales After Resuming Operations
- 10 hrs ago MOTOFARM Dirt Track Facility Opens In Bangalore: New Course For Some Slideways Action
- 12 hrs ago 2020 Kia Seltos Update Launched In India With Host Of New Features: Prices Start At Rs 9.89 Lakh
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Worries About Migrant Workers When Someone Asks Him If He Is Ok During Lockdown
- Sports Proteas may resume training from next week if they get govt approval: Report
- News Amit Shah to begin BJP campaign in Bihar next week with virtual rally
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Redmi 10X Pro 5G, Nokia C5 Endi, Sony Xperia 1 II And More
- Finance Moody's Downgrades India's Ratings
- Lifestyle Acute Kidney Failure: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Auto rickshaws manufactured by Bajaj and Piaggio have been pressed into service in Liverpool by cab aggregator Ola cabs. While Ola was battling to continue its operations in the home-state of Karnataka, the company was also preparing for the launch of its auto rickshaw service in Liverpool.
Ola received permission to continue operations in Bangalore while its auto rickshaws continued to grab attention in Liverpool. The auto-rickshaws look attractive as they have been painted in the neon-green Ola theme. Ola garnered a lot of attention on the first day itself as the ''tuk-tuks' ferried passengers around the liverpool city centre free of cost as a promotional exercise.
Liverpool becomes the fifth city in the UK to start Ola operations. The first city for Ola in the UK was Cardiff where operations started in August 2018. Expanding operations to five cities in a time span of just seven months can easily be termed as rapid growth.
Ola is aiming to grow at a faster pace in order to compete with its archrival - Uber. Uber is clearly the global leader in the cab aggregator space. Ola however, has been giving Uber a run for its money in the Indian market, and it plans to do the same in International markets too.
In the UK, Ola is following a strategy of empowering its drivers by charging a commission of just 10 percent which is great from the drivers' perspective because its rivals charge around 25 percent.
Ola will also be the only app that can work with both Black Cabs and private hire vehicles. This gives the customers an advantage as the prices for Black Cabs do not peak even during rush hours.
Thoughts On Bajaj & Piaggio Auto Rickshaws In The UK Operated By Ola
The Bajaj RE Compact auto rickshaw and Piaggio Ape Auto+ are the most popular auto rickshaws in India. Seeing them ferrying passengers in the united Kingdom is great. Ola is planning to expand to more cities in the United Kingdom by the end of 2019 and we would soon see more such auto-rickshaws in the UK.