- Sports Berrettini denies Auger-Aliassime first title in Stuttgart Open final
- News Lt Gen Faiz Hameed to be next chief of Pakistan's spy agency ISI
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Bajaj Auto Limited's electric auto rickshaw has been spied testing in Bangalore. The Auto Rickshaw was first showcased by the brand at the 2018 MOVE Summit. This is the second time the three-wheeler has been spotted testing after being spied in Mumbai earlier.
Bajaj is working on introducing the electric auto rickshaw in the Indian market soon. The new electric three-wheeler will be part of the soon to be introduced 'Urbanite' sub-brand from Bajaj; which is said to handle the brand's electric vehicles in the market.
The electric auto rickshaw seen in the images is highly camouflaged. However, its design remains similar to any conventional RE rickshaw; with a few differences. These include teh absence of a tail pipe and narrower width. The electric rickshaw can bee seen with bright red tail lights and a soft top as well.
In terms of features, the new electric auto rickshaws are expected to come with powerful headlamps, a standard fire extinguisher and a fully-digital instrument cluster.
The upcoming electric three-wheeler from Bajaj Auto is said to be powered by a 48V lithium-ion battery, with an on-board charger. The batteries are said to take six hours for a complete charge. The electric rickshaw from Bajaj also claims to offer a range of 120km on a single charge with a top speed of 45km/h. The electric auto rickshaws can carry a maximum of four people (including driver).
According to reports, the Bajaj electric auto rickshaw once introduced will initially go on sale in Bangalore. This is due to the fact that Bangalore is said to offer a better infrastructure for EVs compared to other cities in the country. The city also headquarters some of the major companies like Bosch, which supply electric automobile components as well.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Electric Auto Rickshaw
The Bajaj electric auto rickshaw is still quite a while away for its launch in the Indian market. The electric three-wheeler might also be the first product under Bajaj's Urbanite brand in the country. Once launched in India, the Bajaj electric three-wheeler will rival the likes of the recently introduced Mahindra Treo.
Image Courtesy: Rushlane