- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 19 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 20 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Finance Poor Returns From Small Cap Mutual Funds: What Should Investors Do?
- Movies Kadaram Kondan Movie Review: Chiyaan Vikram Is The Real Conquerer Of This Action Entertainer!
- Technology Oppo K3 With Pop-Up Selfie Camera India Launch Set For Today At 6PM
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
The 12th edition of the Mahindra BAJA SAEINDIA 2019 kicked off in January with the first round at Pithampur. A total of 85 mBAJA teams and 22 eBAJA teams took part in the endurance round.
363 teams had registered for the the 12th year of BAJA SAEINDIA series but only 251 qualified for the 2019 season. A remarkable 4250 engineering students from various institutions around the country took part in the event.
Dr. Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "BAJA SAEINDIA has grown from strength-to-strength over the last twelve years and it is no surprise that this year's edition has been bigger and better than ever before. The success of this unique initiative lies in nurturing our budding engineering talent and equipping them to apply the concepts they learn in the classroom in real world situations.
BAJA SAEINDIA is an off-road endurance racing event held for engineering students from across the country. It is in-fact conducted across the world in different countries by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
It was a four-day event this year that started off with a static display of all the off-road buggies developed by the students. It was then that the design evaluation, cost evaluation and marketing presentation took place.
The goal for each team was to create a safe, easy to transport, run and maintain off-road racing prototype. The only restrictions for them were that the direct involvement of a professional fabricator was forbidden and the speed limit had to be set to 60km/h.
The final round was the dynamic evaluation round which included testing the vehicles for acceleration, manoeuvrability, rock crawl, suspension & traction.
Then came the durability evaluation round which saw the vehicles undergo endurance tests of two hours and four hours for eBAJA and mBAJA respectively. The Endurance Event therefore tested each vehicle's ability to operate continuously at speed over rough terrain containing various obstacles.
BAJA SAEINDIA is also special because the students who participated in the event get an opportunity to be employed at some of the renowned names in the automotive industry through BAJA Aptitude Test that was conducted at the venue.
Nirma University's Institute of Technology from Ahmedabad took home the title of Best eBAJA Team while the Government College of Engineering from Pune was decaled the Best mBAJA team. This year was the fifth edition of the eBAJA category in which 50 electric vehicles participated.
The event also had a few other award categories. MIT, Pune took home the engineering design award for the mBAJA category. Shri Vishnu Engineering College of Women from Bhimavaram won the same award for the eBAJA category. All this was in addition to Rs 32 lakhs-worth of cash prizes.
The 2nd part of the 12th edition of BAJA SAEINDIA 2019 is scheduled to happen at IIT Ropar, Punjab from 8th to 10th March 2019.
Thoughts On SAE BAJAINDIA 2019 At Pithampur
SAE BAJAINDIA is a great event for students pursuing automotive engineering. It helps them showcase their talent in terms of designing and building a competitive vehicle, and these skills would come in handy during later stages in their career. Organising an aptitude test and interviews at the venue further makes it easy for the students.