- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- 18 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 20 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- News J&K: Terrorist killed, SPO martyred in Baramulla encounter
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Zee TV Witnesses Major Drop, Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Out Of TRP Race
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Preview: Puneri Paltan face defending champions Bengaluru Bulls
- Technology Redmi Note 8 With 64MP Quad Camera Setup Confirmed To Launch On August 29
- Lifestyle What Happens To Your Body When You Fly And How To Prepare For It
- Finance IRCTC To Run ‘Private' Tejas Express Trains On 2 Routes: Know All Details
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
German luxury car manufacturer Audi has been testing a bunch of models that are slated for a 2020 launch. The new-generation Audi A8 was unveiled a couple of years ago, followed quickly by the S8 prototype being tested at the Nurburgring circuit. According to NDTV Auto, two years later, Audi has finally unveiled the S8 performance sedan and the figures are very impressive.
The all new 2020 Audi S8 features a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that produces 555bhp of power and a massive 800Nm of peak torque - enough for a car that weighs 2.5 tons. In addition, it also features a 48-volt mild hybrid system for start-stop traffic conditions which helps better the fuel efficiency and performance of the vehicle.
Such insane amounts of power require insane amounts of handling, and in order to achieve this Audi has equipped the S8 with some advanced standard fitments. The new 2020 model gets predictive active suspension as standard which can raise or lower each wheel individually.
The suspension help keep the body stable by predicting road conditions. The vehicle's forward-facing cameras can sense potholes and adjust the ride height accordingly. When in the dynamic mode, the suspension limits the body roll to as low as 2.5 degrees, and this goes up to 5 degrees when in comfort mode.
Other standard fitments include the Quattro all-wheel drive, all-wheel steering, a sport differential, and carbon fiber ceramic brakes that measure 16.5-inch at the front, and 14.6-inch at the rear.
Audi is not flamboyant when it comes to design work, and the new S8 looks fairly similar to the current-generation A8. The front of the car looks a little aggressive, but there's no more drama. The rear features a quad-tailpipe set up, and the S badging. The S8 features sporty looking five-spoke alloys as well.
The interiors of the all new 2020 Audi S8 features an exclusive upper inlay made of Carbon Vector that creates a special 3D effect, a matte aluminum trim, and diamond-stitched seats with the S badge embroidered on to it. Audi says that the fully-loaded S8 will be equipped with five radars, six cameras, twelve ultrasound sensors, and a laser scanner.
Thoughts About The All New 2020 Audi S8
Those performance figures sound absolutely insane. Make that a double when one is able to test this car at the Nurburgring circuit! With figures and features like that, Audi is set to create a benchmark with the S8. Five radars, six cameras, twelve ultrasound sensors, and a laser scanner! Add some weapon systems to that and the S8 will give James Bond's Aston Martin a run for its money!