- 1 hr ago Triumph Rocket 3R Motorcycles Deliveries Begin In India: Currently Available In Eight Cities Only
- 2 hrs ago Ford EcoSport BS6 Models Launched Starting At Rs 8.04 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago KTM Adventure 390 Launched At Rs 2.99 Lakh: Bookings Officially Open At Rs 10,000
- 5 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Review (First Drive): India’s First All-Electric Compact-SUV
- News Bhim Army chief gave 'inflammatory speech' at Jama Masjid, says FIR
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite With S-Pen Lands In India For Rs. 38,999 Onwards
- Finance ICICI Bank Launches Cardless Cash Withdrawal Facility: Know How It Works
- Sports Boxing: Indian female pugilists clinch six medals at Nation's Cup in Serbia
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In 2020
- Movies Allu Arjun Thanks Fans for Ala Vaikunthapurramloo’s Success
- Lifestyle Here Are Fashion Lessons From Deepika Padukone In How To Slay It In Formal And Glamourous
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
German luxury carmaker Audi has revealed the AI:ME concept ahead of its debut at the 2019 Shanghai Motor Show. The new Audi AI:ME concept shows the luxury carmaker's vision of the self-driving hatchback of the future.
The Audi AI:ME concept features Level 4 autonomous driving capabilities and has been designed to drive mostly in the cities. The self-driving hatchback will give back control to the driver in tricky driving situations in the city with the steering wheel and pedals that are otherwise kept tucked into the car.
Audi claims that the Audi AI:ME concept is powered by a single electric motor that drives the rear wheels of the hatchback. The electric motor of the AI:ME concept kicks out 168bhp and draws power from a 65kWh battery pack. Audi has not released any top speed or acceleration figures as it claims that the computers will be doing most of the driving. However, the German luxury marque does state that the AI:ME will drive predominantly in the speed range between 20 and 70 km/h and will run for many hours at a stretch without requiring to charge up again.
The new Audi AI:ME is quite a large sized hatchback coming at around the size of a current A3. The concept car is 4.30 metres long and 1.90 metres wide. The height of the AI:ME concept from Audi is 1.52 metres, and the self-driving hatchback concept sits on 23-inch wheels. The AI:ME does seem to offer a lot more space on the inside, compared to the current A3, thanks to the short overhangs and what appears to be a much longer wheelbase.
In terms of design, the Audi AI:ME is at its core a hatchback despite its MPV-like looks which Audi claims is a targeted alternative design. The exterior design features hints of a wedge shape along with a striking looking front end with LED lighting. The concept car also features flared wheel arches that play hpst ot the large wheels and a glass roof. Step inside and you'll see even more quirky design features including the foot rests under the dash along with the magnetic cupholders and plate holders along with a pergola at the back that has real plants growing on it.