- 10 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
German luxury carmaker Audi has revealed the AI:ME concept ahead of its debut at the 2019 Shanghai Motor Show. The new Audi AI:ME concept shows the luxury carmaker's vision of the self-driving hatchback of the future.
The Audi AI:ME concept features Level 4 autonomous driving capabilities and has been designed to drive mostly in the cities. The self-driving hatchback will give back control to the driver in tricky driving situations in the city with the steering wheel and pedals that are otherwise kept tucked into the car.
Audi claims that the Audi AI:ME concept is powered by a single electric motor that drives the rear wheels of the hatchback. The electric motor of the AI:ME concept kicks out 168bhp and draws power from a 65kWh battery pack. Audi has not released any top speed or acceleration figures as it claims that the computers will be doing most of the driving. However, the German luxury marque does state that the AI:ME will drive predominantly in the speed range between 20 and 70 km/h and will run for many hours at a stretch without requiring to charge up again.
The new Audi AI:ME is quite a large sized hatchback coming at around the size of a current A3. The concept car is 4.30 metres long and 1.90 metres wide. The height of the AI:ME concept from Audi is 1.52 metres, and the self-driving hatchback concept sits on 23-inch wheels. The AI:ME does seem to offer a lot more space on the inside, compared to the current A3, thanks to the short overhangs and what appears to be a much longer wheelbase.
In terms of design, the Audi AI:ME is at its core a hatchback despite its MPV-like looks which Audi claims is a targeted alternative design. The exterior design features hints of a wedge shape along with a striking looking front end with LED lighting. The concept car also features flared wheel arches that play hpst ot the large wheels and a glass roof. Step inside and you'll see even more quirky design features including the foot rests under the dash along with the magnetic cupholders and plate holders along with a pergola at the back that has real plants growing on it.