- 6 hrs ago Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago Ather 340 Electric Scooter Discontinued: Here’s Why
- 8 hrs ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 9 hrs ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- Movies Street Dancer 3D: Nora Fatehi Says Varun Dhawan & Shraddha Kapoor Took Her Under Their Wings
- News IRCTC Bharat Darshan tour package from MP to Gujarat: Check date, fare and tour details
- Technology GTA: San Andreas Available For Free: Download Now Using Rockstar Games Launcher
- Sports Svitolina through in Guangzhou, Wang crashes out
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Audi India has slashed prices for the A3 sedan. The price cuts have been implemented on all variants of the Audi A3 and this has made the sedan an attractive buy. The lowest petrol-powered variant of the A3 now costs Rs 28.99 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-india), which is Rs 4.13 lakh lower than the price at which it was sold earlier.
The Audi A3 was launched with the hopes that the sedan would help increase sales for the German marque in India and so it did. The Audi A3 did initially boost sales for Audi, but the numbers eventually reduced.
Audi did update the A3, but buyers felt the updates were more substantial on the A4 and A6 and many customers did go for the higher segments. Increasing competition from the Mercedes-Benz CLA class further made things worse for the Audi A3.
However, it did soldier on and continued to sell as the entry-level model in Audi India's line-up. It is now five years since the Audi A3 was launched in India and Audi has decided to commemorate it with a drastic reduction in prices.
The Audi A3 is available in two variants – Premium Plus & Technology – and each of these variants are available with petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol-powered 35 TFSI Premium Plus variant that earlier retailed at Rs 33.12 lakh is now sold at Rs 28.99 lakh while the 35 TFSI Technology variant that earlier costed Rs 34.57 lakh now costs Rs 30.99 lakh, resulting in a price drop of Rs 4.13 lakh and Rs 3.58 lakh respectively.
The diesel-powered 35 TDI Premium Plus variant that earlier costed Rs 34.93 lakh now costs Rs 29.99 lakh and the 35 TDI Technology variant that earlier retailed at Rs 36.12 lakh is now sold at Rs 31.99 lakh, resulting in a price drop of Rs 4.94 lakh and Rs 4.13 lakh respectively.
The TDI variants of the Audi A3 are powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine with a maximum power output of 143bhp and a peak torque output of 320Nm. A 6-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox take care of transmission duties.
The TFSI variants are powered by a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine with a maximum power output of 150bhp and a peak torque output of 250Nm. A 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox drives the front wheels.
The Audi A3 comes loaded to the brim with features. A 7.0-inch touchscreen takes care of infotainment requirements. It also comes with dual-zone climate control, wireless charging for mobile phone, airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, traction control, etc.
In terms of styling, the Audi A3 comes with contemporary Audi styling. It even comes with an S-Line Package as an optional extra. The S-Line package adds sporty front and rear bumpers, side skirts, an S-line front grille, a rear diffuser, chromed exhaust outlets and S-line badges on the front fenders.
Thoughts On Audi A3 Prices Getting Slashed
The Audi A3 was always an attractive little car, especially with the S-Line package opted for. The deal has just become even more sweet with the price cut going to the tune of almost Rs 5 lakh. This is the right opportunity for anybody who has eagerly been waiting to purchase the Audi A3 but held back for some or the other reason.