- 11 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 16 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 19 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 21 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- News TMC delegation meets same fate as Priyanka, stopped from visiting Sobhadra
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Technology Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Price Slashed By Up To Rs. 1,500
- Movies Insanely Famous Dialogues From Yash’s KGF That Went Viral; Here’s Why Mass Loves Rocky Bhai!
- Finance 3 Multibagger Stocks To Buy For The Long Term
- Sports There's always next week - McIlroy looks to the future after missing Open cut
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Aston Martin has taken the wraps off the DBS Superleggera Volante, the fastest convertible ever built by the British luxury carmaker. Prices for the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante in the United Kingdom start at £247,500 (Rs 2.23 crore).
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante features an eight-layer fabric roof which takes just 14 seconds to open and 16 to close. The roof can be opened and closed from inside the drop-top supercar or from the outside with the help of a button the keyfob. Aston claims the roof compresses itself to a height a class-leading 26cm which it claims helps maximise boot space. The soft top roof is offered in eight different colours while the internal headliner can be specified in six different colour options as well.
The loss of the hardtop roof has lead to a 170-kilogramme increase in the weight of the new Volante compared to the DBS Superleggera coupé. The DBS Superleggera Volante weighs in at 1863 kilogrammes and the increase in weight means that the convertible is only marginally slower than the coupe.
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante uses the same twin-turbocharged V12 engine as the coupe. The 5.5-litre all-alloy quad overhead cam, 48-valve V12 engine pushes out 715bhp at 6,500rpm and a colossal 900Nm of peak torque from 1,800-5,000rpm. Power is sent to the rear wheels via a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission which features a carbon fibre propeller shaft.
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante sprints from 0-100km/h in 3.6 seconds, which is two-tenths of a second slower than its coupe sibling. The top speed of the new DBS Superleggera Volante super grand tourer is the same as the coupe at 340km/h (211mph).
The aerodynamic performance of the DBS Superleggera Volante has only been marginally affected compared to the coupe thanks to new deeper side strakes up front and a revised rear double diffuser. The convertible DBS Superleggera produces 177 kilos of downforce at Vmax, which is just 3 kilos less than the coupe.
Aston Martin will offer customers an extensive set of options to make their DBS Superleggera Volantes totally unique thanks to an extensive array of options for the super GT. Deliveries of the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante will start in the third quarter of 2019.