- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News BJP leader Smriti Irani’s close aide Surendra Singh shot dead in Amethi
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Sports Bayern Munich 3 RB Leipzig 0: Lewandowski's brace helps secure domestic double
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Aston Martin has taken the wraps off the DBS Superleggera Volante, the fastest convertible ever built by the British luxury carmaker. Prices for the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante in the United Kingdom start at £247,500 (Rs 2.23 crore).
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante features an eight-layer fabric roof which takes just 14 seconds to open and 16 to close. The roof can be opened and closed from inside the drop-top supercar or from the outside with the help of a button the keyfob. Aston claims the roof compresses itself to a height a class-leading 26cm which it claims helps maximise boot space. The soft top roof is offered in eight different colours while the internal headliner can be specified in six different colour options as well.
The loss of the hardtop roof has lead to a 170-kilogramme increase in the weight of the new Volante compared to the DBS Superleggera coupé. The DBS Superleggera Volante weighs in at 1863 kilogrammes and the increase in weight means that the convertible is only marginally slower than the coupe.
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante uses the same twin-turbocharged V12 engine as the coupe. The 5.5-litre all-alloy quad overhead cam, 48-valve V12 engine pushes out 715bhp at 6,500rpm and a colossal 900Nm of peak torque from 1,800-5,000rpm. Power is sent to the rear wheels via a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission which features a carbon fibre propeller shaft.
The Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante sprints from 0-100km/h in 3.6 seconds, which is two-tenths of a second slower than its coupe sibling. The top speed of the new DBS Superleggera Volante super grand tourer is the same as the coupe at 340km/h (211mph).
The aerodynamic performance of the DBS Superleggera Volante has only been marginally affected compared to the coupe thanks to new deeper side strakes up front and a revised rear double diffuser. The convertible DBS Superleggera produces 177 kilos of downforce at Vmax, which is just 3 kilos less than the coupe.
Aston Martin will offer customers an extensive set of options to make their DBS Superleggera Volantes totally unique thanks to an extensive array of options for the super GT. Deliveries of the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante will start in the third quarter of 2019.