- 48 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 1 hr ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 1 hr ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Movies Nerkonda Paarvai First Review: Ajith Kumar Shines In The 'Best Tamil Film' Of The Year
- News Boris Johnson will be next Prime Minister of UK
- Sports Overthrow rules come under scrutiny but it cost New Zealand a World Cup
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Anand Mahindra, the chairman of Mahindra & Mahindra, has added the new Alturas G4 to his personal car collection. Most of his cars are from Mahindra only and he occasionally shares about them on Twitter. For instance, the images of his Mahindra TUV 300 Plus aka the 'Grey Ghost' were recently shared on the social platform, and the Indian Twitterati became instantly fond of it.
Now, Anand Mahindra wants "a name for this new beautiful beast" and anyone can make a suggestion. What's more! He will be gifting two Mahindra die-cast scale models to the person who suggests the best name for his Alturas G4. Here's the tweet:
Finally took delivery of my Alturas G4. I named my TUV 3OO plus the ‘Grey Ghost.’ Need a name for this new beautiful beast. All ideas welcome. The person who suggests the chosen name will get 2 Mahindra die cast scale models (Not the Alturas scale model—that’s not ready yet!) pic.twitter.com/KbvAxOAwvk— anand mahindra (@anandmahindra) January 16, 2019
Many have already poured in their suggestions in the comment section. One scroll through them reveals a lot of interesting, catchy and even hilarious name suggestions. However, just one of them can be selected and it has to be that good to stand apart from the rest.
The Mahindra Alturas G4 was launched in India at Rs 26.95 lakh ex-showroom (India) and is currently the flagship product in the brand's portfolio. Based on the SsangYong G4 Rexton sold globally, the new Mahindra Alturas G4 offers a lot. We have already driven the seven-seater — read our detailed Mahindra Alturas G4 review to know more.
During its initial stages, the Alturas G4 was codenamed as 'Mahindra Y400' and speculations for the final name revolved around 'XUV 700'. The production name was open for discussions for a considerable period of time, but no one managed to come up with the right name.
Sold exclusively through the brand's 'World Of SUVs' range of dealerships, the Mahindra Alturas G4 gets a 2.2-litre diesel engine which makes 178bhp and 420Nm of torque. This comes mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission, sourced from Mercedes-Benz.
The Alturas G4 is available in two variants: M2 4x2 and M4 4x4 (Rs 29.95 lakh). As the names suggest, one is a two-wheel-drive (front wheel) while the other one's an all-wheel-drive model. Together, the Mahindra Alturas G4 is aimed to be a strong and relatively-affordable alternative to the segment-leading Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.
Thoughts On Anand Mahindra Buying The Alturas G4
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is the best product ever from the brand and is regarded as a benchmark for all future Mahindra models. For the same reason, it is no surprise that Anand Mahindra has chosen it as his new car. Of course, the most interesting part is suggesting a name for his Alturas G4. Do you have a good name in your mind? Let us know what it is in the comment section below.