- 9 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 10 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 11 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs MI: Six months is a long time without cricket, says Rohit Sharma after Mumbai bounce back with big win
- News 'Hero of zero hour': Union Minister' praise for Lok Sabha Speaker
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
Mercedes Benz has reveal the 2020 GLE Coupe SUV ahead of its debut at the Frankfurt Motorshow next month. We expect the 2020 GLE to be launched in India next year.
The all-new second-generation GLE Coupe shares its underpinnings with Mercedes' standard GLE offering. The GLE Coupe is 15mm longer and 63mm wider than the outgoing model, and is 3mm taller as well.
Mercedes claims that the drag coefficient on the new-generation GLE has been reduced by 9 per cent, making it more aerodynamic than its predecessor.
The front of the car features bold crease lines, a large mustache grille, and an enlarged version of the Mercedes logo. The company has designed the car to look very intimidating.The flowing roofline, angled windshield, and the duck-tail rear spoiler adds to the Coupe styled design of the SUV.
The Merc's interiors have always been very premium and the GLE Coupe is no exception. The Coupe-SUV shares most of its interior elements with the standard GLE. It has the same dashboard layout, and features two 12.3-inch screens for an instrument cluster and Infotainment system respectively. There are four air-con vents placed to support proper air circulation.
The Interior elements which are unique to the GLE Coupe are a raised center console with integrated grab handles, sporty seats, and a sporty steering wheel finished in nappa leather. The on-board communications system will also feature Amazon Music streaming service.
Mercedes claims the new-gen GLE Coupe is more spacious than the previous-generation GLE Coupe. The wheelbase is also longer than the older model, and makes for larger door openings.
Mercedes has changed the chassis dynamics of the new GLE Coupe, making it more stable during higher speeds and while negotiating corners. It also features an E-Active Body Control system which includes the ability to individually control spring and damper forces at each wheel.
The Coupe-SUV features an air suspension unit that helps change performance characteristics between between sport and comfort driving modes. It also helps lower the vehicle so the boot is more accessible while loading.
The standard GLE Coupe is available in two variants - the 350d and the 400d. The 350d's 3.0-litre straight-six cylinder diesel engine produces 272bhp of power and 600Nm of torque. The 450d features the same engine but is tuned to produce 330bhp of power and 700Nm of torque.
The GLE 53 AMG Coupe is powered by a 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged inline six cylinder petrol engine that produces 435bhp of power and 520Nm of torque. It also features Merc's EQ Boost starter/alternator, delivering an additional 22hp and 250Nm for short periods.
All three models of the GLE Coupe feature the 4Matic all-wheel-drive system as standard. The all-new GLE 53 AMG gets closer to the ground by 15mm while in Sport and Sport+ driving modes The SUV also lowers ride height when it when it crosses the 120kmph mark while in comfort mode.
Thoughts About The 2020 GLE Coupe
The Germans are bringing their A game with the all new Mercedes Benz GLE Coupe. The car looks mean and aggressive, and is loaded with performance numbers. We're waiting to see this car in the flesh and if we get to drive it around for a bit, we'll drop some electro-dubstep to the mix.