- 15 min ago 2020 Kia Seltos Update Launched In India With Host Of New Features: Prices Start At Rs 9.89 Lakh
- 1 hr ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 18,539 Units Of Sales Post Lockdown
- 3 hrs ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- Technology Noida Woman Falls Prey To SIM Card Upgrade Scam; Loses Rs. 9.5 Lakhs
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Lifestyle From Sunflower Oil To Coconut Oil, Which Cooking Oils Are Good For Your Health
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Gets Costlier In Maharashtra As State Hikes Cess
- Sports Mahi's long orange hair was a disaster - Sakshi on Dhoni's hairstyle
- Movies Salman Khan Reveals About The Time When Father Salim Khan Took His Punishment At School
- News DGCA to airlines: Keep middle seats vacant to extent possible
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The three and the five-door variants of the Jeep Wrangler was spotted testing in India a few times. However, according to Overdrive, Jeep will bring the 2020 Wrangler during the festive season this year.
This new generation Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (top-end variant) will be called as the 'Moab' in the Indian market. Globally, the Wrangler Moab gets cosmetic updates which set it apart from the Jeep Rubicon, such as blacked-out alloy wheels and off-road-oriented tyres. however, the Moab gets a decal on the side of the bonnet.
Moreover, this new off-roader will be base on the newly developed JL platform, which is much lighter than the current generation's JK platform.
This will help the new Wrangler improve its approach and departure angles. The vehicle will get a ground clearance of 227mm and close to 30 inches of water fording ability.
Internationally, the Wrangler is available in two engine options. The first one is the 3.6-litre, naturally aspirated petrol engine, which pumps out 283bhp of power and 347Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
On the other hand, the second engine option is the 2.0-litre, T-GDi, turbocharged petrol engine that churns out 271bhp of power and 400Nm. However, this one comes coupled with an 8-speed automatic transmission (AT).
It is expected for the turbocharged petrol engine to makes its way to the Indian market. However, there are chances that we may even get the 2.2-litre MultiJet II, diesel engine that produces 198.5bhp and 450 Nm of torque. Also, the engine will be paired with an 8-speed AT.
Thoughts On The New Generation Jeep Wrangler
When launched, the new generation Jeep Wrangler is expected to be around the Rs 65 - 70 lakh, ex-showroom mark. Thought the vehicle will be priced at a premium, there will be a lot of people who will want to make it a part of their garage.