- 15 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 17 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 18 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 19 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Eng vs Aus, Warm-up: Smith's hundred and clinical show by bowlers help Australia beat England
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Hyundai debuted the third generation 2020 Hyundai Sonata at the New York International Auto Show this week. The sedan they debuted had one feature that is a first for the company - The Digital Key. While the Sonata has been around since the 1980's, the 2020 Hyundai Sonata has technology that has never been featured before.
Hyundai's Digital Key uses Near Field Communication tech to turn a smartphone into a key. This is achieved via a dedicated Hyundai application. The app allows owners to select who has access to the car (one can decide which smartphone has access), and for how long. The car can be controlled when the phone is within range (restricted to a few centimeters) of the vehicle. However, the app supports remote functions like sounding alarms, triggering a panic button, and starting the engine.
The access can be customized for each user and vehicle usage can be can be limited to an extent of having access to minimum features of the car. The digital key can also be revoked at any time and can be done remotely. The Digital Key is available only for Android devices for now. The car also comes with a set of physical keys.
Hyundai pulled the plug on the Sonata in 2015 after a decade of low sales numbers. The first generation that was launched in 2001 created a lot of hype and introduced a Jaguar shaped Hyundai in the Indian markets. The model did well against the Honda Accord. The second-gen Hyundai Sonata Embera launched in 2005 failed to make any impact thanks to players like Toyota and Skoda. Toyota had the Camry and Skoda the Superb. Both cars did not allow for the Sonata to do well.
Hyundai launched the third-gen Sonata in 2012 and the car look gorgeous with the Hyundai's fluidic styling. However Hyundai had lost brand value and was unable to sell over 10 cars a month during its last six-months of sales.
We have no confirmation if or when the new 2020 Hyundai Sonata is heading to the Indian market.
Thoughts On Hyundai's New Digital Key
We think it's a good thing to carry lesser keys around. Fantastic technology.
NFC is a form of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), which boasts a high level of security. The NFC wireless data communication takes place only when the device and the reader are placed several centimeters apart.