- 55 min ago MG Motor Issues Statement Regarding MG Hector Fire: A Piece Of Cloth In The Engine Bay Is The Cause
- 15 hrs ago Ampere Reo Elite Electric Scooter Review: A Starter-Pack To The Electric Scooter Segment In India
- 16 hrs ago MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- 17 hrs ago Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Cut As Crude Oil Slips To 3-Month Low On Coronavirus Scare
- News 60-year-old woman, chokes, dies in cake-eating contest in Australia
- Sports Arsenal want Everton target, a good move?
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Copied Jennifer Lopez's Iconic Grammy Outfit: Here's Why It Didn't Work
- Lifestyle 11 Signs That Tell He Is Using You To Get Over His Ex
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Cameras To Launch On January 29 In India
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Hyundai has revealed the second-generation ix25 SUV at the ongoing 2019 Shanghai Auto Show. The second-gen ix25 is very important for the Indian market, not because it will be launched here but because the new Hyundai Creta will be based on it.
The Hyundai Creta is one of the best-selling SUVs in the Indian market and demand for the compact SUV doesn't seem like it would drop anytime soon. However, Hyundai being Hyundai decided to give its buyers an upgrade before it even needs one.
The second-generation Hyundai Creta is expected to be revealed at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo and the revealing of the second-gen ix25 just a few months before the 2020 Auto Expo just confirms the same. This is simply because the current-gen Hyundai Creta was based on the first-gen Hyundai ix25.
With the revealing of the second-gen Hyundai ix25 will come the development of the second-gen Hyundai Creta. The 2020 Hyundai Creta is expected to be launched in the last quarter of 2020.
The new Hyundai ix25 is clearly based on Hyundai's new design language that can also be found on the Hyundai Venue that is expected to make its debut on 17 April, 2019. Up front, the Hyundai ix25 goes with the latest trend of having the headlamps mounted in the bumper and the LED DRls mounted as a separate unit right above it. The radiator grille is similar to that seen on the new Venue as well.
The rear end features a similar split tail-lamp setup just like the front of the SUV. From the side, the new ix25 seriously impresses, with a more muscular stance and flared wheel arches. The second-gen Creta too can be expected to imbibe these muscular features and the overall design, however, it will features some changes that will be specific to the Indian market.
The interior of the new Hyundai ix25 is premium and features top-notch equipment. The most impressive bit of course is the centrally-mounted touchscreen unit that begins on the dashboard and flows all the way down to the centre-console.
We do not expect this screen to make it to the Indian market inside the new Creta, but we do know that the new Creta will come with a bigger touchscreen than the current-gen model. It would in all likelihood be the unit from the Hyundai Venue.
The current-gen Hyundai Creta is an SUV that is very well-equipped and comes with load of features. The upcoming model too is expected to take this character forward. Connected vehicles are the new rage, and HYundai will certainly launch the its connected tech system, the BlueLink with the new Hyundai Creta.
BlueLink allows its user to start/stop the engine, switch on/off the air-conditioning and know vital vehicle statistics all via a mobile phone-based app. At the moment, there is no information about the new Hyundai Creta's powertrain.
But since it will have to be BS-VI emission norms-compliant, the Hyundai Creta is expected to come with new 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. Transmission options will include a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed automatic gearbox. The new Hyundai Creta is expected to be priced between Rs 10-16 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts On New Hyundai ix25 Debut At Shanghai Auto Show Previews Next-Gen Hyundai Creta
As mentioned earlier, the Hyundai Creta is somewhat of a hot seller in the Indian market. Even though it has been in the market for a while now, it still manages to find lots of buyers. With the launch of the new model though, things are expected to become hooter and the SUV is expected to sell more.