- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 7 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 9 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
BMW India has recently launched the new generation 7 Series and X7 in India. As soon as the 7 Series make its Indian debut, the 2020 BMW X6 coupe crossover mule has been spied testing in Gurgaon. These Spy shots have been captured by RushLane.
The third-generation BMW X6 made its global premiere earlier this month and it is surprising that the vehicle is already undergoing tests on the Indian soil. However, it is expected might go on sale in the Indian market during the festive season this year.
The new X6 underpinned the same BMW Cluster Architecture which is also seen on the X5. The previous generation X6 was big and muscular and the new X6 coupe retains the silhouette. At the front, the car features the signature kidney grille and BMW's LED headlights.
From the side, the car retains the same roofline that merges into the boot giving it an aggressive side profile. At the rear, the SUV features sleek-looking LED taillights and several design elements including faux air vents on rear fenders that makes the car look more muscular. Overall, the design of the new X6 is familiar to the previous generation one.
The cabin receives a revised BMW Live Cockpit V7.0 with iDrive. It also features a 12.3-inch instrument cluster and a touchscreen infotainment system including the automaker's voice assistant ‘Hey, BMW'. The X6 also gets wireless charging, wifi hotspot, wireless Apple CarPlay, etc.
Powering the new BMW X6 globally is a 3.0-litre, inline-six, twin-scroll turbocharged petrol engine, which pumps out 335bhp. Also, there is a 4.4-litre, V8, twin-turbocharged engine (X6 M50i) which churns out 523bhp. Both the engines come mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. However, it is still unknown which of these engines will make its way to the Indian shores.
In terms of safety, the new X6 features Active Driving Assistant, park distance control, ABS, traction control, lane assist out of many. The new generation model is expected to be priced around Rs 1 crore ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New Generation BMW X6
The previous generation X6 was good and was an extremely capable car as far as the drivability goes. However, with all the tweaks and updates the new-gen X6 will prove itself to be the ultimate driving machine.