- 34 min ago Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BS6 Petrol Teased Ahead Of India Launch
- 52 min ago Kia Seltos Sales Overtakes New Hyundai Creta: Still The Best-Selling SUV In India
- 52 min ago All-New Audi A6 45TFSi — Does It Offer The Best Of Both Worlds?
- 1 hr ago Skoda Donates Rs 1 Crore Towards Medical Supplies In Pune Hospital: Begins Production Of Face Masks
- Movies Vicky Kaushal Says He Will Meet His Loved Ones Soon After Lockdown; Does That Include Katrina Kaif?
- Sports Belgian league agrees to declare season finished due to coronavirus pandemic
- News 960 Tablighi foreigners blacklisted, visas cancelled by MHA; states told to take legal action
- Lifestyle Nutrition Tips For People With Epilepsy
- Technology Sony Launches Two Wireless Headphones And Earbuds With ANC
- Finance Women Jan Dhan Account Holders Can Withdraw Rs 500 From 3 April In Sequence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
The BMW Group in India have just launched the 2019 Mini John Cooper Works and the hatchback looks hot! The hatchback took the Completely Built Unit route into the country. Mini had launched the John Cooper Works (JCW) Pro Edition in 2017 but limited that to only 20 units.
Powering the Mini JCW is a high-performance 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that produces a massive 228bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. The gorgeous looking hatch does 0-60kmph in 6.1 seconds thanks to the beast of an engine under the bonnet. The engine is mated to an 8-speed sports steptronic automatic transmission. There is no manual transmission in the offering in India.
Mini has made a lot changes to the Mini John Cooper Works. There are revisions to the chassis, the sports braking system, and the hatchback features a mechanical limited slip differential. The vehicle also features updated springs & dampers, and lightened suspension.
The new 2019 Mini John Cooper Works features new anti-roll bars, light weight support bearings, and triple-path strut mounts. The vehicle also features three driving modes — Sport, Comfy, and Efficiency, making the car a dream to drive anywhere outside of off-road terrain.
Not much has changed in terms of overall design. There are however, subtle changes to the face of the car, to the wheels, and the addition of the Union Jack tail lamps. The interiors feature an all-black theme and JCW sports seats.
The vehicle also features ABS, cornering ABS, Anti-Crash Technology, Electronic Stability Control, and a new fuel particulate filter. This new filter adds to the throaty sound of the exhaust note but does not affect performance of the Mini.
The new 2019 Mini John Cooper Works is priced at Rs 43.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India), and competes with the Mercedes A Class, and the Volvo V40.
Thoughts On The Mini John Cooper Works Launching In India
Finally! We have been waiting for the Mini JCW to lunch and now we trying to figure out where to test it. Stay tuned for more information once we've finished test driving this gorgeous machine that has the heart of an absolute beast!
John Cooper Works is a British company based in Hampshire. It was founded by Michael Cooper, the son of racing legend John Cooper. John Cooper was a co-founder at the Cooper Car Company, and is the grand-daddy of the rear-engined chassis design. John Cooper Works (JCW) currently manufactures tuning parts and accessories for BMW's Mini.