- 10 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 19 min ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- 2 hrs ago Öhlins Launches Aftermarket Suspension System For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- News Watch: Video explaining Chandrayaan-2 mission tweeted by ISRO
- Movies Rishi Kapoor Is On Cloud Nine After Having Some 'Correct Aate Ka Phulka' At Anupam Kher's House!
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
- Sports The tale of two chief selectors: MSK Prasad and Inzamam
- Technology Vivo Z5 Launch Set on July 31 Officially Confirmed: What to Expect
- Travel Mysore to Ooty Bike Trip Guide, Route Map, Attractions and Places to Visit
- Lifestyle This Designer's Tentacle Tights Are A Huge Draw On The Internet
The BMW Group in India have just launched the 2019 Mini John Cooper Works and the hatchback looks hot! The hatchback took the Completely Built Unit route into the country. Mini had launched the John Cooper Works (JCW) Pro Edition in 2017 but limited that to only 20 units.
Powering the Mini JCW is a high-performance 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that produces a massive 228bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. The gorgeous looking hatch does 0-60kmph in 6.1 seconds thanks to the beast of an engine under the bonnet. The engine is mated to an 8-speed sports steptronic automatic transmission. There is no manual transmission in the offering in India.
Mini has made a lot changes to the Mini John Cooper Works. There are revisions to the chassis, the sports braking system, and the hatchback features a mechanical limited slip differential. The vehicle also features updated springs & dampers, and lightened suspension.
The new 2019 Mini John Cooper Works features new anti-roll bars, light weight support bearings, and triple-path strut mounts. The vehicle also features three driving modes — Sport, Comfy, and Efficiency, making the car a dream to drive anywhere outside of off-road terrain.
Not much has changed in terms of overall design. There are however, subtle changes to the face of the car, to the wheels, and the addition of the Union Jack tail lamps. The interiors feature an all-black theme and JCW sports seats.
The vehicle also features ABS, cornering ABS, Anti-Crash Technology, Electronic Stability Control, and a new fuel particulate filter. This new filter adds to the throaty sound of the exhaust note but does not affect performance of the Mini.
The new 2019 Mini John Cooper Works is priced at Rs 43.5 lakh, ex-showroom (India), and competes with the Mercedes A Class, and the Volvo V40.
Thoughts On The Mini John Cooper Works Launching In India
Finally! We have been waiting for the Mini JCW to lunch and now we trying to figure out where to test it. Stay tuned for more information once we've finished test driving this gorgeous machine that has the heart of an absolute beast!
John Cooper Works is a British company based in Hampshire. It was founded by Michael Cooper, the son of racing legend John Cooper. John Cooper was a co-founder at the Cooper Car Company, and is the grand-daddy of the rear-engined chassis design. John Cooper Works (JCW) currently manufactures tuning parts and accessories for BMW's Mini.