- 3 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies B-Town Rejoices Successful Launch Of Chandrayaan 2; Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar Congratulate ISRO
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Haryana Steelers defeat Puneri Paltan as Anup Kumar's coaching debut begins with a loss
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M10 Available At Rs. 1,000 Discount On Amazon
- News Not one girl born in 16 villages in six months in Uttarkashi; CM orders probe
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Mercedes-Benz has revealed the new CLA Shooting Brake at the ongoing 2019 Geneva Motor Show. It is the second-generation of the CLA Shooting Brake and it looks stunning. It is now longer, wider, shorter and a lot sleeker when compared to the previous generation.
The Mercedes-Benz CLA class is nothing but a four-door coupe sedan based on the A-Class hatchback, and the CLA Shooting Brake is an attempt to make the CLA more practical for users in the European Market.
The Shooting Brake doesn't sell in large numbers, but its customers are those who prefer excellence in design over anything else. The entire appeal therefore of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake is only for those who desire a car with the three-pointed star that is set apart from the rest.
The new Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake takes this appeal further with its curvaceous body and futuristic design. Mercedes-benz has reduced the amount of lines and creases in the design and added more curves.
This is true especially for the rear-end of the CLA Shooting Brake where the roof starts sloping down. In-fact, the Shooting Brake in our opinion looks sportier than the new CLA coupe. The front-end looks exactly like the new CLA Coupe and the rest of the body is different.
The new Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake is 48mm longer, 53mm wider and 2mm lower than the outgoing model. The Wheelbase has increased by 30mm and the change in roofline design has increased headroom by 8mm for the rear passengers. As a result, the interiors too are now more spacious.
The interiors of the new Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake are modern. The old dashboard has made way for the new MBUX dual-screen setup. Instrumentation and vehicular information is displayed on one screen while the other one takes care of entertainment needs.
The steering wheel too follows the new design cues and features controls for various settings and functions. The car also features voice commands and interior assist that activates or deactivates various features based on gestures. It also comes with gesture-controlled ambient lighting.
Drivetrain options will include the new 2.0-litre engine with a maximum power output of 225bhp and a peak torque output of 350Nm. This engine will be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. There will be more engine more engine options and an AMG-spec version too.
Thoughts On New Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake
The CLA Shooting Brake is one of the most unique product offerings out there. There is no necessity for such a product and yet Mercedes-Benz has devoted so much attention into making it. Those who buy the new CLA Shooting Brake will do so just to make a style statement and that is exactly what Mercedes intended it to do.