- 4 min ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 2 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- 4 hrs ago Ford India, Mahindra To Oversee International Markets Group — Cater For 100 Emerging Markets
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Working On A New Electric Car Under Rs 10 Lakh — An Electric Vehicle For The Masses
- News Ruckus in MP Assembly over law and order situation, BJP stages walkout
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Is Not Worried About Rumours Regarding Her Personal Life And Here's Why
- Sports My target is to qualify for World Championships and then Tokyo Olympics: Dutee Chand
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora's Colourful Dress Is What You Need On A Dull Rainy Day
- Technology Exclusive: Baseus Plans to Manufacture Products In India By 2020
- Travel Chandrashila trek: Lose yourself, be awestruck.. such is the majestic view from summit
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
The Goa Vintage Cars and Bikes festival is set to take place on April 14, 2019. Goa is all set to host the third edition of the festival this year and over 75 vintage cars and bikes are set to take on the beautiful scenic roads of Goa.
There is just something about vintage cars and motorcycles that makes people turn head even today in the modern world. Vintage vehicles have now become collectables and people are going gaga over them while owners of such vehicles are trying their best to keep the vehicles in the best condition they can.
Vintage vehicles are sparingly used and are usually seen in small groups going for a leisurely drive. However, there are a few vintage rallies that are organised once in a while that bring these vehicles together.
The Goa Vintage Cars and Bikes Festival is one of those rallies that brings these treasured vehicles in large numbers. Vintage vehicles from Goa, Bangalore, Mumbai & Pune are expected to participate in the event.
The vintage rally will be flagged off from the Inox Courtyard in Panjim and the vintage cars and bikes will make their way on a 9-kilometre drive along the Mandovi river. Upon reaching Miramar circle, the group will turn around and get back to the start point.
There is no entry fee for those willing to participate in the event. All one has to do is write to email@example.com or 9371677604/9850077993 to get an entry into the festival as a participant. There is only one category in the two-wheelers section and only those bikes and scooters manufactured before 1988 will be allowed to participate in it.
For cars though, there are three categories. The first category is for vintage and classic cars upto 1988, the second is modern classics upto 1994 and the third is future classics made between 1994 and 1998.
Thoughts On 2019 Goa Vintage Cars And Bikes Festival
The union territory of Goa is probably the perfect place to host such a rally. Goa was a Portugese colony until 1961 and that meant that Goan citizens could import any car from any part of the world without any archaic import laws. Hence, Goa has a rich heritage of cars and this would be displayed at the Goa Vintage Cars and Bikes festival.
Image Source: Goa Vintage Bike and Car Festival