- 8 hrs ago Honda CD 110 Dream BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 62,729
- 9 hrs ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Hyundai Registers 12,583 Units Of Sales After Resuming Operations
- 11 hrs ago MOTOFARM Dirt Track Facility Opens In Bangalore: New Course For Some Slideways Action
- 13 hrs ago 2020 Kia Seltos Update Launched In India With Host Of New Features: Prices Start At Rs 9.89 Lakh
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Worries About Migrant Workers When Someone Asks Him If He Is Ok During Lockdown
- Sports Proteas may resume training from next week if they get govt approval: Report
- News Amit Shah to begin BJP campaign in Bihar next week with virtual rally
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Redmi 10X Pro 5G, Nokia C5 Endi, Sony Xperia 1 II And More
- Finance Moody's Downgrades India's Ratings
- Lifestyle Acute Kidney Failure: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Datsun has launched the 2019 Redi-GO in the Indian market with a few additional features and updates. The 2019 Redi-GO only has more features but does not come with any aesthetic or mechanical changes.
The Datsun Redi-GO debuted at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in concept form while the launch of the production variant took place more than two years later, in June 2016. It was launched as the cheapest Datsun offering in India with an expectation that it would prove to be tough competition to mainstream small car manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai.
However, the Datsun Redi-GO failed to take off in the Indian market and it has since the very beginning had a poor sales record. Datsun sells just over 1,200 units every month and that is a dismal number.
However, Datsun has launched the 2019 model year update hoping that the little hatchback would do well. Design-wise, the Datsun Redi-GO remains the same, while most of the feature additions have happened under the skin and inside the cabin.
Safety has definitely improved, as the 2019 Datsun Redi-GO comes with ABS and EBD on all its variants. The single driver's side airbag though is still available only on the top-spec 'S' variant. It now also comes with a remote-controlled central locking system.
The 'A' Trim comes with power steering while other standard safety features like child safety door locks and three-point seatbelts have been carried on. The 2019 Datsun Redi-GO is still powered by the same engines.
One can choose between a 799cc or a 998cc inline-three cylinder engine. The 0.8-litre engine puts out a maximum power figure of 54bhp and a peak torque output of 72Nm. The 1.0-litre engine on the other hand produces a maximum power output of 68bhp and a peak torque output of 91Nm.
A 5-speed manual transmission is available with both engine options while a 5-speed AMT gearbox is only available with the 1.0-litre engine. Prices for the 2019 Datsun Redi-GO ranges between 2.67 lakh and 4.29 lakh.
Thoughts On 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Updated With Safety Features
The Datsun Redi-GO hasn't been doing very well in the Indian market and this is partially due to the lack of safety features. With the new 2019 Redi-GO, Datsun has made ABS a standard feature across all variants and this should make things better for the little hatchback.