- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Genelia D'Souza Demonstrates Why Smokey Eye Look Is A Classic
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls defeat table-toppers Jaipur Pink Panthers
- News Irked by UAE's Honour to PM Modi, Pakistan's Senate Chairman cancels visit to Gulf nation
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
BMW has unveiled the new 1-Series hatchback. The new hatchback is set to be launched globally on 28 September, 2019. It is the third-generation model of the 1-Series and it comes with an all-new design, interior and the hatchback even comes with new powertrain options.
On the outside, the 2019 BMW 1-Series comes with brand-new styling. The car looks wider and more muscular, and that is because it is in-fact 34mm wider than before. Up front is the signature BMW kidney grille, but it is now linked together. It features a muscular, dual-tone bumper with fog lamps on either end.
It also features a new sweptback headlamp design with each headlamp unit having two clusters of LEDs lighting up the roads ahead. C-shaped LED DRls are built into the headlamp unit. The muscular stance is also seen on the bonnet. The side profile is characterised by the riding window line and the classy alloy wheels. At the rear is a dual-tone bumper and sweptback tail-lamps.
There is also an M variant of the car called, M135i. This variant comes with a different grille and bumper design, as the front bumper comes with vertical air vents and the rear bumper makes way for dual exhaust outlets.
The interiors of the 2019 BMW 1-Series as expected, will come loaded with features. It comes with an 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Buyers can also opt for dual 10.35 inch displays as an optional extra.
According to BMW, the interior space has been increased by a large margin. BMW claims that the there is an increase of 19mm in the headroom, 33mm in the knee room and 13mm in the elbow room for passengers in the rear seat.
The German marque also claims that the boot space now stands at 280 litres, an increase of 20 litres over the previous model. The new BMW 1-Series will be powered by a range of petrol and diesel engines. These engines are for the global market and most of them won't be sold in India.
In the Indian market, it will likely be sold with one diesel and one petrol engine. This is in addition to the top-spec M135i variant. This variant will be powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. This engine will push out 302bhp and this is enough to take the car from 0-100km/h in just 4.8 seconds.
The hatchback will go on to touch an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h. For the first time ever, the BMW 1-Series will go the front-wheel-drive way. The previous generation was considered a drivers' car because of the front engine and rear-wheel-drive layout in a short and agile chassis. That is set to change from September this year.
All variants will be front-wheel-driven as standard except the M135i and 120d variants. These two variants will feature BMW's xDrive AWD system. The new BMW 1-Series is 4,319mm long, 1,799mm wide and 1,434mm tall.
The 2019 BMW 1-Series also comes with an electric tailgate and a panoramic sunroof as well. It also features automatic parking assistant, BMW Digital Key, pedestrian collision warning, lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control.
Thoughts On Next-Gen BMW 1-Series Revealed
Going by the figures and the amount of features on offer, the all-new BMW 1-Series seems to be coming back with a bang. The older model was great as a drivers' car, but it never really took off because of various reasons, interior space being one of the reasons. Now though, it seems set to punch above its weight.