- 17 min ago New Maruti Suzuki Premium Six-Seater MPV Spied — To Be Called The ‘XL6’
- 18 min ago Delhi Police Launches E-Challan And E-Payment System — Traffic Violators Beware
- 16 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- Sports At 34, playing second-fiddle to younger Rishabh Pant will not help Wriddhiman Saha
- News Pak PM Imran welcomes Trump's offer of mediation on Kashmir, says it won't be resolved bilaterally
- Movies Dabangg 3: Arbaaz Khan REVEALS Details About Saiee Manjrekar's Role In This Salman Khan Film
- Finance Yes Bank Shares Fell After Promoters Pledge Their Entire Stake At Bank
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani Gives Us A Jaw-dropping Moment With Her Red Lehenga At FDCI India Couture Week 2019
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Featuring 120Hz AMOLED Display Announced: Features, Specs, And More
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Volvo has just added a new variant to its flagship SUV offering, the XC90 in India. The company has launched the Volvo XC90 T8 'Inscription' model. The new XC90 T8 Inscription is priced at Rs 96.65 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Volvo already offers the XC90 T8 model in the ‘Excellence' trim. The Volvo XC90 T8 Excellence variant is priced at Rs 1.31 crore, ex-showroom (India). The four-seater ‘Excellence' variant was Volvo's first hybrid offering in India.
The company has now further added a new seven-seater variant to the lineup with the ‘Inscription' variant. The new Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription carries forward the same hybrid powertrain as well.
The new Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription comes with the same 2.0-litre turbocharged and supercharged petrol engine. It also gets an additional electric motor. The petrol engine produces 320bhp, while the electric motor churns out 87bhp.
This gives the XC90 a combined power output of 407bhp, along with 400Nm of torque. The powertrain is further mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox.
The SUV has a four-wheel-drive system, with the petrol engine powering the front wheels. While the rear wheels are powered by the electric motor.
The Volvo SUV can also run using its electric motor alone. The company claims a range of 40km on a fully charged battery. While the car takes 150 minutes to attain a full charge.
The feature list on the new Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription is expected to remain similar to the Inscription diesel trim.
This includes a panoramic sunroof, four-zone climate control, massage functions on the front seats and Volvo's signature full-digital instrument and infotainment systems.
Safety features on the Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription: Lane Keep assist, Collision Avoidance Braking System, Run-Off road Protection and a Radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control.
Thoughts On The Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Variant
Volvo had previously announced that it would stop producing diesel engines in the future. The company has plans to have 50 percent of its sales from electric/hybrid offerings by 2025.
The Volvo XC90 T8 competes against the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLS, BMW X6 and the Range Rover Velar. However, the XC90 is the only SUV in the segment to offer a hybrid powertrain.