- 18 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Swedish automaker Volvo has revealed the Vera autonomous electric truck concept. The unique feature about the truck is it doesn't have a cab like a conventional truck. The Volvo Vera is said to be the future of transport which will reduce load around ports, factories and logistics centres.
The Volvo Vera will be connected to a cloud service and the truck can be monitored online. The control centre can track the live location of the truck, the load it is carrying, service requirements and much more. The Volvo Vera will be powered by an electric powertrain.
Volvo has not revealed the specifications of the Vera autonomous truck. But it is expected to be equipped with the same 185kW electric motor which also powers the FL electric truck. The electric motor produces 174bhp and 425Nm of torque. The electric motor is mated to a 2-speed gearbox. The motor draws power from a 100-300kWh lithium-ion battery.
Volvo states that the FL electric can deliver a driving range of 300km and the battery can be charged in just two hours with a 150kW fast charger. But it takes ten hours to charge the battery with a standard charger. The Vera autonomous truck can pull a load of up to 32 tonnes and it can tag to any standard trailer.
The main advantage of the Volvo Vera is the zero-emission and low maintenance cost as compared to the conventional trucks. With the introduction of new technology, the upcoming electric truck will deliver a better driving range.
Volvo does not expect the Vera to replace the conventional trucks anytime soon as the autonomous technology is still in its development phase. But Volvo also states that the Vera can be operated in controlled environments such as ports. The trucks can be controlled with computers as the pre-defined route will be loaded to the trucks system.
Thoughts On The Volvo Vera Autonomous Truck
Volvo has unveiled the futuristic autonomous electric truck named as Vera. The unique element of the Vera truck is that it does not have a driver cab. The truck is compact and can be operated in ports, logistic centres and pretty much everywhere where the goods are handled. We can expect the Vera truck to be introduced in the near future.