- 15 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Tata Motors Actively In Search Of New Partners In Passenger Vehicle Segment: Here Are The Details
- 18 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz India Sales Registers New Record This Festive Season: Here Are The Details
- 20 hrs ago New Bajaj CT100 ‘Kadak’ Motorcycle Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 46,432
- News PM to inaugurate three-day conference on anti-corruption, vigilance today
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
- Finance This NCD Option Can Generate Up To 8% Return For Investors
- Sports IPL 2020: Eoin Morgan hopeful of KKR fightback
- Technology OnePlus Nord N10, Nord N100 Announced: Price, Specs And More
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Contestant Uses Three Lifelines For Rs 40,000 Question, Quits The Game!
- Lifestyle Are You Making These Hair Oiling Mistakes?
Swedish automaker Volvo has revealed the Vera autonomous electric truck concept. The unique feature about the truck is it doesn't have a cab like a conventional truck. The Volvo Vera is said to be the future of transport which will reduce load around ports, factories and logistics centres.
The Volvo Vera will be connected to a cloud service and the truck can be monitored online. The control centre can track the live location of the truck, the load it is carrying, service requirements and much more. The Volvo Vera will be powered by an electric powertrain.
Volvo has not revealed the specifications of the Vera autonomous truck. But it is expected to be equipped with the same 185kW electric motor which also powers the FL electric truck. The electric motor produces 174bhp and 425Nm of torque. The electric motor is mated to a 2-speed gearbox. The motor draws power from a 100-300kWh lithium-ion battery.
Volvo states that the FL electric can deliver a driving range of 300km and the battery can be charged in just two hours with a 150kW fast charger. But it takes ten hours to charge the battery with a standard charger. The Vera autonomous truck can pull a load of up to 32 tonnes and it can tag to any standard trailer.
The main advantage of the Volvo Vera is the zero-emission and low maintenance cost as compared to the conventional trucks. With the introduction of new technology, the upcoming electric truck will deliver a better driving range.
Volvo does not expect the Vera to replace the conventional trucks anytime soon as the autonomous technology is still in its development phase. But Volvo also states that the Vera can be operated in controlled environments such as ports. The trucks can be controlled with computers as the pre-defined route will be loaded to the trucks system.
Thoughts On The Volvo Vera Autonomous Truck
Volvo has unveiled the futuristic autonomous electric truck named as Vera. The unique element of the Vera truck is that it does not have a driver cab. The truck is compact and can be operated in ports, logistic centres and pretty much everywhere where the goods are handled. We can expect the Vera truck to be introduced in the near future.