- Volvo XC40 Euro NCAP Crash Test Results Revealed
- Volvo XC40 Momentum & Inscription Variants Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 39.90 Lakh
- Volvo Delivers Twelve Units Of The XC40 In Bangalore On A Single Day
- New Volvo XC40 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 39.90 Lakh
- Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Petrol Hybrid Launched In India; Priced At Rs 96.65 Lakh
- The New 2019 Volvo S60 Sports Sedan Unveiled — First Volvo Without A Diesel Offering
The Volvo S90 is based on the company's Scalable Product Architecture (SPA) platform. Also part of the same platform; the XC90 SUV and the V90 Cross Country. There were earlier reports from Volvo regarding evaluating the assembly of the three models within the SPA platform in India. The Swedish car manufacturer has already started locally assembling their XC90 SUV in India since the end of last year.
The Volvo S90 sedan is the second model in the platform to begin assembly in India. All models under this platform including the S90 get the same 2.0-litre four-cylinder E-drive turbocharged diesel engine producing 187bhp and 400Nm of torque. The engine on all three is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The flagship model from Volvo gets a number of features; 12-inch driver display, graphical heads-up display, Apple CarPlay, rear park assist camera, power-operated comfort seats with Full Nappa leather and full LED active high beam.
The Volvo S90 is currently priced at Rs 57 lakhs, ex-showroom (Delhi). The sedan competes with rivals; BMW 5-series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Jaguar XF and the Audi A6.
Thoughts on The Volvo S90 Local Assembly
Volvo had mentioned their plans for starting local assembly of three models part of the SPA platform. Though, not much information is provided at this time. We hope that the addition of the S90 in the local assembly line will help reduce its price making it more competitive in the mid-size luxury sedan segment.