- 12 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 14 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 15 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 16 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Eng vs Aus, Warm-up: Smith's hundred and clinical show by bowlers help Australia beat England
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Swedish automaker Volvo has announced that the company is working with Google to embed Google Assistant, Google Maps and other services into its next-gen infotainment system. Named as Sensus, the next-gen infotainment system will be based on the Android operating system.
The new infotainment system will enhance the way the Volvo customers engage and interact with their cars. The new infotainment system will feature apps and services developed by Google and Volvo. Thousands of additional apps will be available through Google Play Store that is optimised for car infotainment systems.
The next generation Sensus infotainment system will run on Android and the new apps and updates will be available in real-time and will be applied automatically. The new infotainment system will also react to the customer needs and will offer up-to-date information.
The new-gen infotainment system will also feature Google Assistant which provides a voice interface to control in-car functions. The Google Assistant will also reduce driver distraction and help the driver to keep his/her eyes on the road at all times.
The Sensus will also get Google Maps which provides refreshed map and traffic data in real time. The Google Maps will keep the drivers informed about the upcoming traffic conditions and it will also suggest the alternative routes to reach the destination in short time.
Volvo will also continue to develop its own apps, software and connected services within the Volvo Car Group. The Android-based infotainment system is expected to be launched in 2020. The next-gen infotainment system will offer a smooth user experience as Google is already providing the same operating system for smartphones.
Thoughts On The New Android-Based Infotainment System For Volvo Cars
Android is the most popular operating system when it comes to smartphones. Now, Volvo will bring the same formula to its new-gen infotainment system. The new infotainment system will be user-friendly with a ton of apps and services. The prominent highlight will be the Google Assistant with the voice interface and the integration of Google Maps.