TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Swedish automaker Volvo has announced that the company is working with Google to embed Google Assistant, Google Maps and other services into its next-gen infotainment system. Named as Sensus, the next-gen infotainment system will be based on the Android operating system.
The new infotainment system will enhance the way the Volvo customers engage and interact with their cars. The new infotainment system will feature apps and services developed by Google and Volvo. Thousands of additional apps will be available through Google Play Store that is optimised for car infotainment systems.
The next generation Sensus infotainment system will run on Android and the new apps and updates will be available in real-time and will be applied automatically. The new infotainment system will also react to the customer needs and will offer up-to-date information.
The new-gen infotainment system will also feature Google Assistant which provides a voice interface to control in-car functions. The Google Assistant will also reduce driver distraction and help the driver to keep his/her eyes on the road at all times.
The Sensus will also get Google Maps which provides refreshed map and traffic data in real time. The Google Maps will keep the drivers informed about the upcoming traffic conditions and it will also suggest the alternative routes to reach the destination in short time.
Volvo will also continue to develop its own apps, software and connected services within the Volvo Car Group. The Android-based infotainment system is expected to be launched in 2020. The next-gen infotainment system will offer a smooth user experience as Google is already providing the same operating system for smartphones.
Thoughts On The New Android-Based Infotainment System For Volvo Cars
Android is the most popular operating system when it comes to smartphones. Now, Volvo will bring the same formula to its new-gen infotainment system. The new infotainment system will be user-friendly with a ton of apps and services. The prominent highlight will be the Google Assistant with the voice interface and the integration of Google Maps.