- 19 min ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 24 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- News Pak PM Imran Khan to meet Trump to reboot ties
- Movies Nikamma First Look: Abhimanyu Dassani & Shirley Setia Team Up For Sabbir Khan's Action Entertainer!
- Finance Bond Yield Rise After RBI's Das Says Future Policy Stance To Depend On Upcoming Data
- Sports TNPL 2019: Madurai Panthers vs Dindigul Dragons: Preview, where to watch, timing, head to head, probable XI
- Technology Oppo K3 First Impression: A Fresh Face In The Lot
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Volkswagen India organised the Tiguan Drive Experience in Bangalore to allow enthusiasts and potential customers to experience the capabilities of the Tiguan first-hand. The current generation Volkswagen Tiguan was launched by Volkswagen India in December 2017, and the SUV has sold reasonably well since then.
This is the second-generation Volkswagen Tiguan and is based on VW group's MQB platform. In the Indian market, the Tiguan is sold only with a diesel engine. It is powered by a 2.0-litre TDI motor with a maximum power output of 141bhp and a peak torque output of 340Nm. A 7-speed DSG gearbox drives the wheels via the 4Motion all-wheel-drive system.
The Volkswagen Tiguan also comes with various features like ABS, EBD, traction control, etc, that promise to make it handle very well irrespective of the terrain it is being driven on.
The VW Tiguan Drive experience was designed in a way that it allowed the driver to experience all of the above features. The drive experience was held at MANPHO Convention Centre where an open area was turned into a short test-track.
The track allowed the driver to take the Volkswagen Tiguan through various obstacles such as one-sided inclines, axle-breakers, quick acceleration and ABS testing pad, etc. At first, a certified off-road instructor drove the Tiguan around the track on a demo run and then we were allowed to have a go in it.
The first obstacle was a 30-degree, one-sided incline that showcased the SUV's climbing capabilities and it's ability to handle steep gradients. While climbing and descending, the Tiguan did lift one of the rear and front wheels respectively.
Up next were the ruts that were designed to test the car's articulation capabilities. Wheelspin and rocking of the SUV was a given, and the Tiguan performed flawlessly. Whenever there were two wheels in the air, the traction control was quick to react and transmit all the power to the other two wheels on the ground, pulling the SUV out of the rut.
After the articulation test was a short acceleration stretch followed by the ABS test pad. In just about 50 feet, the Tiguan accelerated quickly and the driver had to jam on the brakes while turning right.
Volkswagen claims a 0-100km/h acceleration time of 9.3 seconds and a top speed of 200km/h for the Tiguan and the short burst of acceleration gave us a slight taste of the same. This section also demonstrated the Tiguan's ability to change direction while braking hard even on loose surfaces.
The perfect end to it all was the slalom section that was taken at pretty reasonable speeds. The whole course might have been extremely short and all of it was done in under two minutes. But it brought out the capabilities of the Volkswagen Tiguan very well.
The Volkswagen Tiguan also ranks pretty high on style. Up front is the signature triple-slat grille with LED headlamps and daytime running lights on either side. The SUV rides on 17-inch alloy wheels and the top-spec variant comes shod with self-sealing tyres. Tail lamps too are LED units.
The insides of the Tiguan too are sophisticated and feels premium. Taking the central position on the dashboard is the touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It also features electronically adjustable front seats, automatic climate control, panoramic sunroof, etc.
The Volkswagen Tiguan is also one of the safest SUVs as it comes with a 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating. The SUV gets safety features such as six airbags, ABS with EBD, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold, Park distance control, reversing cameras, etc.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Tiguan Experience Drive
The Volkswagen Tiguan is a brilliant little SUV and there is no doubt about it. It's capabilities have been proven time and again, and the experience drive is proof of the same. It is clear that the Volkswagen Tiguan looks understated and has a lot more to offer than it seems at first.