- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
- 5 hrs ago Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- 8 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020 In India: Suzuki Motorcycle Records Over 64,000 Units Sales
- 8 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Hyundai Registers 9.4% Growth In Terms Of Domestic Yearly Sales
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan Gives Special Name To Contestant Abhilasha Rao Kalwa; Calls Her 'Madam Sir'
- News Sasikala seeks remission, learnt Kannada while in prison
- Sports India vs Australia: Kuldeep is back in rhythm, India can try him in 1st T20: Sunil Gavaskar
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Finance JP Morgan Cuts EPS On RIL By 7-8%; Sees Limited Upside In Share Price
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
New Volkswagen Polo 1-litre petrol engine introduced in India.
The carmaker has discontinued the 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine in favour of the more fuel efficient 1-litre three-cylinder MPI petrol engine.
While the 1.2-litre unit returned a mileage of 16.47kpl as per ARAI test results, the new smaller Volkswagen Polo 1-litre petrol engine mileage is 18.78kpl.
With better fuel efficiency, the power output of Volkswagen 1-litre MPI engine remains the same producing the same 75bhp @ 6,200rpm.
However, the torque figures have come down from 110Nm in the older 1.2-litre to 95Nm @ 3,000-4,300rpm in the new 1-litre unit.
Prices for the new Volkswagen Polo powered by the 1-litre petrol engine remains the same at Rs 5.41 lakh (ex-showroom).
The new 1-litre MPI petrol engine will replace the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated unit across variants.
The new 1-litre unit is also lighter by 18kg and comes mated to 5-speed manual gearbox.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0-Litre Petrol Prices In India Ex-Showroom (Delhi):
|Trendline||Rs 5.41 Lakh|
|Comfortline||Rs 6.10 Lakh|
|Highline||Rs 7.01 Lakh|
|Highline Plus||Rs 7.24 Lakh|
The carmaker will continue to sell the 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine which does its duties in the VW Polo GT TSI, which churns out 108bhp and 250Nm of torque.
The Polo GT TSI also gets 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
As for the diesel option, Volkswagen will continue to offer the 1.5-litre four-cylinder unit.
The 1.5-litre diesel engine makes 89bhp and 230Nm of torque in the regular version of the Polo, while it produces 108bhp and 250Nm of torque in the GT TDI version, which is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Commenting on the introduction of the new engine on the Polo lineup, Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "Delivering on our promise of continued product introduction and innovation, we are pleased to introduce the Polo in an all-new 1.0 L MPI engine. We are known for our performance and unmatched safety and with this new introduction; we further enhance our brand proposition, providing a diverse portfolio to India's distinctive car-buyer, with multiple engine options that best suits their requirements."
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The Volkswagen Polo 1-Litre Petrol Engine
Volkswagen's new 1-litre three-cylinder unit produces similar power output as the outgoing 1.2-litre engine but offers better mileage.
While this is indeed a good move by Volkswagen, the prices of the Polo continues to remain the same.
Volkswagen could have priced the new Polo with the 1-litre MPI petrol engine slightly lower to position the premium hatchback as a better alternative to other rivals such as the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20.