- 20 min ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 44 min ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 52 min ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 1 hr ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Movies Kabir Singh Actor Shahid Kapoor Feels Nervous To Attend Film Functions After Long Break From Movies
- Sports CoA reign ends as Sourav Ganguly set to take over as 39th BCCI president
- News J&K: Army jawan martyred by terrorists in Naushera sector; encounter on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Technology Vodafone Offering 4G Smartphones At Rs. 799 Down Payment
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
New Volkswagen Polo 1-litre petrol engine introduced in India.
The carmaker has discontinued the 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine in favour of the more fuel efficient 1-litre three-cylinder MPI petrol engine.
While the 1.2-litre unit returned a mileage of 16.47kpl as per ARAI test results, the new smaller Volkswagen Polo 1-litre petrol engine mileage is 18.78kpl.
With better fuel efficiency, the power output of Volkswagen 1-litre MPI engine remains the same producing the same 75bhp @ 6,200rpm.
However, the torque figures have come down from 110Nm in the older 1.2-litre to 95Nm @ 3,000-4,300rpm in the new 1-litre unit.
Prices for the new Volkswagen Polo powered by the 1-litre petrol engine remains the same at Rs 5.41 lakh (ex-showroom).
The new 1-litre MPI petrol engine will replace the 1.2-litre naturally aspirated unit across variants.
The new 1-litre unit is also lighter by 18kg and comes mated to 5-speed manual gearbox.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0-Litre Petrol Prices In India Ex-Showroom (Delhi):
|Trendline||Rs 5.41 Lakh|
|Comfortline||Rs 6.10 Lakh|
|Highline||Rs 7.01 Lakh|
|Highline Plus||Rs 7.24 Lakh|
The carmaker will continue to sell the 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine which does its duties in the VW Polo GT TSI, which churns out 108bhp and 250Nm of torque.
The Polo GT TSI also gets 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
As for the diesel option, Volkswagen will continue to offer the 1.5-litre four-cylinder unit.
The 1.5-litre diesel engine makes 89bhp and 230Nm of torque in the regular version of the Polo, while it produces 108bhp and 250Nm of torque in the GT TDI version, which is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Commenting on the introduction of the new engine on the Polo lineup, Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "Delivering on our promise of continued product introduction and innovation, we are pleased to introduce the Polo in an all-new 1.0 L MPI engine. We are known for our performance and unmatched safety and with this new introduction; we further enhance our brand proposition, providing a diverse portfolio to India's distinctive car-buyer, with multiple engine options that best suits their requirements."
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The Volkswagen Polo 1-Litre Petrol Engine
Volkswagen's new 1-litre three-cylinder unit produces similar power output as the outgoing 1.2-litre engine but offers better mileage.
While this is indeed a good move by Volkswagen, the prices of the Polo continues to remain the same.
Volkswagen could have priced the new Polo with the 1-litre MPI petrol engine slightly lower to position the premium hatchback as a better alternative to other rivals such as the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20.