- 4 min ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 2 hrs ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- Technology Google Search's new avatar might be bad news for bloggers
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty's Son Namashi To Debut In Bollywood With Rajkumar Santoshi's Next
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- News In Mandya, Sumalatha wins by over 90,000 votes against Nikhil Kumaraswamy
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: New Zealand look to punch above weight, again!
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Volkswagen Passat Connect Edition launched in India: Volkswagen has launched the new Passat Connect Edition with the 'Volkswagen Connect' advanced telematics and vehicle assistance system. The Volkswagen Passat Connect is launched in India at a starting price of Rs 25.99 lakh ex-showroom (India) for the Comfortline variant.
The top-spec Highline variant of the Volkswagen Passat Connect carries a price tag of Rs 28.99 lakh ex-showroom (India). The Volkswagen Connect app allows the customers to track vital data such as trip done by the vehicle, fuel cost monitoring, driving behaviour and much more.
The Volkswagen Connect app connects to the customer's smartphone via a plug-and-play dongle that is fitted to the onboard diagnostics (OBD) port. The Volkswagen Connect app is compatible with Android and iOS platform devices. The app also comes with features such as location sharing, SOS call and booking service appointment.
The Volkswagen Passat Connect Edition draws power from the same 2-litre TDI diesel engine that churns out 174.5bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The engine returns a claimed mileage of 17.42km/l.
The Volkswagen Passat Connect Edition comes with a host of features such as Nappa leather seats, three-zone climate control, electrically adjustable front seats with heating and massage functions, LED headlamps with LED DRLs and easy open boot.
The safety features of the Volkswagen Passat include nine airbags, hill-start assist, auto-hold dynamic chassis control and a 360-degree reverse camera. Apart from the new Volkswagen Connect app, the Passat Connect Edition does not get any updates to the exterior or interior design.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Passat Connect Edition
After the introduction of the Polo, Ameo and Vento Connect Edition, Volkswagen has launched the Passat Connect Edition in the country. The Connect edition of the sedan gets Volkswagen Connect app with a lot of features. The Volkswagen Passat Connect Edition rivals the likes of Skoda Superb, Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry Hybrid.