TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Volkswagen India has launched the 1.0-litre Ameo Pace edition. Priced at Rs 6.10 Lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Ameo Pace receives the same 999cc engine as seen on the Polo Pace hatchback.
The new engine as seen on both the Ameo and Polo's Pace version produces 75bhp and 95Nm of torque, replacing the older 74bhp 1.2-litre engine. The petrol variant of the Ameo is mated to a six-speed manual without the option of an automatic transmission.
Other engine options include the 1.5-litre TDI engine which produces 108bhp and 250Nm of torque. The diesel engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
The Ameo is available in four variants: Trendline, Comfortline, Highline and Highline Plus. The Ameo Pace though will be based on the mid-spec Comfortline variant only. The new Pace version though gets additional features such as black ORVMs, faux carbon fibre trunk lip spoiler, alloy wheels and cruise control.
Volkswagen also launched the Polo Pace and the Vento Sport recently. Both cars were made available with certain additional features without any changes in the price. The Polo Pace was the first car to get Volkswagen's brand new 1.0-litre engine, along with additional features similar to the Ameo Pace.
The Volkswagen Ameo Pace takes on segment rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze, Tata Tigor and the Ford Aspire.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Ameo Pace
Volkswagen India silently launched the Ameo Pace with the smaller 999cc engine, following its hatchback offering. The smaller 1.0-litre engine is also said to be compliant with the BS-IV emission norms. We can expect the Ameo to sell in decent numbers, thanks to the new engine and the added features.