TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Volkswagen India has launched the 1.0-litre Ameo Pace edition. Priced at Rs 6.10 Lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Ameo Pace receives the same 999cc engine as seen on the Polo Pace hatchback.
The new engine as seen on both the Ameo and Polo's Pace version produces 75bhp and 95Nm of torque, replacing the older 74bhp 1.2-litre engine. The petrol variant of the Ameo is mated to a six-speed manual without the option of an automatic transmission.
Other engine options include the 1.5-litre TDI engine which produces 108bhp and 250Nm of torque. The diesel engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
The Ameo is available in four variants: Trendline, Comfortline, Highline and Highline Plus. The Ameo Pace though will be based on the mid-spec Comfortline variant only. The new Pace version though gets additional features such as black ORVMs, faux carbon fibre trunk lip spoiler, alloy wheels and cruise control.
Volkswagen also launched the Polo Pace and the Vento Sport recently. Both cars were made available with certain additional features without any changes in the price. The Polo Pace was the first car to get Volkswagen's brand new 1.0-litre engine, along with additional features similar to the Ameo Pace.
The Volkswagen Ameo Pace takes on segment rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze, Tata Tigor and the Ford Aspire.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen Ameo Pace
Volkswagen India silently launched the Ameo Pace with the smaller 999cc engine, following its hatchback offering. The smaller 1.0-litre engine is also said to be compliant with the BS-IV emission norms. We can expect the Ameo to sell in decent numbers, thanks to the new engine and the added features.