- 8 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 9 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Toyota confirms bookings of the Yaris will begin in April 2018. The launch is expected to happen in mid-2018. Once launched, the Yaris is expected to gather good sales figures for Toyota. The India-bound Toyota Yaris was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2018.
Toyota has finally confirmed that the bookings for the Yaris will begin from next month. The new C-segment offering from Toyota will face stiff competition from cars such as the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento and the Honda City.
The Toyota Yaris will be available only with a 1.5-litre petrol engine, initially. The power plant will be mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed CVT automatic gearbox.
The new Toyota Yaris will sit between the Etios and the Corolla. Safety-wise, the Yaris gets seven airbags, ABS+EBD, Hill-Start Assist, Vehicle Stability Control and a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
The Toyota Yaris also gets front and rear parking sensors, LED DRLs and projector headlamps. Also available are rear fog lamps and electrically adjustable ORVMs.
Coming to the interiors, the Toyota Yaris features an 8-way adjustable driver seat and also a 7-inch infotainment system with navigation and gesture controls. The car also gets rain sensing wipers and cruise control options.
The price for the Yaris has not been officially announced. The C-segment saloon is expected to be priced around Rs 10-12 lakhs ex-showroom. The car will be available in a range of colour options namely, Wildfire Red, Pearl White, Grey Metallic, Silver Metallic among others.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Toyota Yaris
The Toyota expects the Yaris to be a big-seller. The C-segment saloon features a lot compared to the competition. However, the design of the Toyota Yaris has received mixed opinions, especially the front fascia. Being a Toyota, expect the Yaris to be a highly reliable option.