TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- CBI War: Nageshwar Rao Appointed Interim Director, Verma, Asthana Sent On Leave
- OnePlus Pop-Up Events Announced: Buy OnePlus 6T With Free Food And Goodies
- Ever Been To This Ancient Village Of Tigawa In Madhya Pradesh?
- Ever Tried Using Kiwi For Strong & Shiny Hair?
- THIS Actor Caught Deepika Padukone Sitting On Ranveer Singh's Lap; Reveals How Their Romance Begun!
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- Manchester United 0 Juventus 1: Dybala Downs Mourinho's Men On Ronaldo's Return
- Paytm FD Offers Interest At The Rate Of 8%; Know How To Avail It
The mid-size sedan segment in India is currently led by Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Ciaz, Skoda Rapid and the Volkswagen Vento. Toyota is set to enter this segment with its new sedan Vios. Ahead of its Indian debut, the Toyota Vios has been teased by the Japanese carmaker. The sedan will make its Indian debut at the upcoming Auto Expo 2018.
The India-spec Toyota Vios is the low-cost version of the Toyota Yaris Ativ. The sedan measures 4,425mm long, 1,730mm wide and 1,475mm tall, and has a 2,550mm wheelbase. The global-spec model is available with 133mm ground clearance, but that could be increased for the Indian market.
The Indian-spec Toyota Vios is expected to draw power from a 1.5-litre Dual VVT-i petrol engine which produces 105bhp and 140Nm of torque and will be offered with the choice of a 5-speed manual gearbox or CVT automatic gearbox.
Toyota could offer the 1.4-litre diesel unit which powers the Etios. The diesel engine develops 67bhp and 170Nm of torque and comes paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Toyota could add the CVT gearbox option on the diesel model for the Indian market.
Among the Toyota Vios features, the sedan is expected to come with projector headlamps with LED light guides, LED daytime running lights, 16-inch alloy wheels, LED taillights, keyless entry, engine start/stop button, automatic climate control, rear AC vents, touchscreen infotainment system and reverse parking camera.
Thoughts About The Toyota Vios For India
The Toyota Vios sedan will be positioned below the Corolla Altis but will sit above the Etios. The Toyota Vios launch in India is set for April 2018 and is expected to offer stiff competition to its rivals with better equipment and features.
Also, most of its competitors are half way through the life cycle, and the Vios will have an advantage as an updated model for car buyers in India. Also with Toyota's penchant for quality, the Vios is expected to be a robust sedan with premium features and equipment.