TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Gazoo Racing, the performance arm of Japanese automotive giant Toyota has revealed the GR Super Sport Concept sports car at the 2018 Toyko Auto Salon.
The Toyota Gazoo Racing GR Super Sport Concept looks like it should be part of a rolling start at the Le Mans 24 hours endurance race. An underneath the low slung white body sits the powertrain lifted directly from Toyota's TS050 Hybrid World Endurance Championship (WEC) LMP1 racer. It was with this powertrain that Toyota's Kamui Kobayashi set an all-time 24 Hours of Le Mans lap record in the TS050 of 3:14.791.
The petrol-electric hybrid system sends a total of 987bhp (1000PS) to all four wheels. The Toyota Gazoo Racing GR Super Sport Concept sits on 18-inch alloy wheels which are shod with massive 330/710 R18 slick racing tyres from Bridgestone.
Regarding design, the Toyota Gazoo GR Super Sport Concept easily looks like it could race alongside the TS050 Hybrid racing car in a 24-hour race. Like the race car, the GR Super SportConcept is nearly glued to the tarmac as it speeds across thanks to its extremely low ride height.
The front end features massive air intakes that channel air through what appear to be venturi tunnels across the underbody of the GR Super Sport Concept. The front end also sports multiple winglets and unlike its racing cousin, the GR Super Sport does not get headlights.
The sides of the latest Gazoo show car highlight the low silhouette of the concept car and also shine a light on multiple race-inspired, eye-catching design elements including the massively flared wheel arches and the sharkfin that runs from the top of the cockpit to rear wing.
The rear end of the car slopes downwards and features intricate detailing for the taillights. The rear section of the cockpit and the body sections thereafter also sculpted to channel air toward the rear wing and diffuser section.
The Toyota Gazoo Racing GR Super Sport Concept shows the ambition of Toyota's performance arm to keep cars interesting for drivers in a world increasingly headed towards automation.
If the new Supra's powertrain is anything like the one on the Super Sport Concept then Gazoo Racing may have a winner on its hands despite its rumoured hybrid nature.