TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Toyota Kirloskar Motor is looking gain momentum in the mass-market segment with three launches for the country. While the carmaker has unveiled the new Toyota Yaris in the premium mid-size sedan segment, Toyota will launch the new Toyota Etios Platinum and Etios Liva facelift, giving the Etios Series its third facelift. While the Etios Sedan was launched in 2010, it's hatchback version, the Etios Liva, was introduced in 2011. The Etios Series' first facelifted in 2014, the second in 2017, and now the third facelift will offer more in features and equipment.
In an interview with Economic Times, Shekar Viswanathan, Vice Chairman & Whole-time Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said: "With the improved product and hopefully creative market penetration, we will bring a newer version of the Etios series. As far as the Etios and the Liva are concerned, I think the normal facelift and minor model changes will keep on happening."
With Toyota focusing on the new Yaris, the facelifted Etios Platinum and Etios Liva is expected to be launched later this year. The Toyota Yaris comes with few segment first features which set it apart from its rivals. The carmaker is also looking to bring a locally manufactured small SUV to rival the likes of Hyundai Creta.
The Toyota Etios Series is well accepted in the fleet market for its durability and Toyota's quality. With the third facelift, Toyota should look to add more equipment and features on the inside of the cars. While the driving dynamics are excellent, the lack of equipment level is a bit of a hindrance for the new age car buyers.
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The Third Facelift For The Toyota Etios Series
That said, the profit margin is quite thin for car makers due to the segment's highly competitive nature. With the Toyota Yaris, the carmaker is looking to offer a high level of equipment along with premium features. The Yaris boasts of some segment first features to set to apart from its competition.