TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced a sales growth of 20 percent in the domestic market in the month of May 2018. The company sold over 13,940 units in May. Out of which, 13,113 units were sold in the domestic market, while 827 units of the Etios were exported.
During the same time last year, Toyota sold 10,914 units domestically, while exporting 1,425 units. Thus recording a growth of 20 percent in terms of domestic sales.
N Raja, Deputy Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) stated, "We are happy to have achieved a double-digit growth of 20% in the domestic sales in the month of May 2018."
"Along with the segment-leading products Fortuner and Innova Crysta, Yaris has been a significant contributor to the overall positive sales growth as compared to the same period last year. We would like to thank our loyal customers for their relentless support and confidence that they have on Toyota products."
The company recently launched their latest sedan offering, the Yaris in May. Toyota has already delivered 4000 units of the Yaris by the end of May. The company stated that the Yaris has received a positive response from customers.
N Raja, further stated that the company had already started production of the Yaris, a month before the launch. To help meet the demand, while also reduce waiting periods.
The recently launched Toyota Yaris comes with a host of features. Many of which are segment firsts, including roof mounted AC vents and gesture control to name a few.
Thoughts On The Toyota Sales Growth For May 2018
With the launch of the Toyota Yaris, the company seem to have gained a momentum in terms of domestic sales. The Toyota Yaris sits between the Etios and the Corolla in their product line-up. The sedan takes on competition from rivals such as the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Ciaz.