TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced a sales growth of 20 percent in the domestic market in the month of May 2018. The company sold over 13,940 units in May. Out of which, 13,113 units were sold in the domestic market, while 827 units of the Etios were exported.
During the same time last year, Toyota sold 10,914 units domestically, while exporting 1,425 units. Thus recording a growth of 20 percent in terms of domestic sales.
N Raja, Deputy Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) stated, "We are happy to have achieved a double-digit growth of 20% in the domestic sales in the month of May 2018."
"Along with the segment-leading products Fortuner and Innova Crysta, Yaris has been a significant contributor to the overall positive sales growth as compared to the same period last year. We would like to thank our loyal customers for their relentless support and confidence that they have on Toyota products."
The company recently launched their latest sedan offering, the Yaris in May. Toyota has already delivered 4000 units of the Yaris by the end of May. The company stated that the Yaris has received a positive response from customers.
N Raja, further stated that the company had already started production of the Yaris, a month before the launch. To help meet the demand, while also reduce waiting periods.
The recently launched Toyota Yaris comes with a host of features. Many of which are segment firsts, including roof mounted AC vents and gesture control to name a few.
Thoughts On The Toyota Sales Growth For May 2018
With the launch of the Toyota Yaris, the company seem to have gained a momentum in terms of domestic sales. The Toyota Yaris sits between the Etios and the Corolla in their product line-up. The sedan takes on competition from rivals such as the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Ciaz.