- 40 min ago New Maruti Suzuki Premium Six-Seater MPV Spied — To Be Called The ‘XL6’
- 41 min ago Delhi Police Launches E-Challan And E-Payment System — Traffic Violators Beware
- 16 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- Technology Jio GigaFiber: Difference Between Rs. 2,500 and Rs. 4,500 Router
- Movies Shivrajkumar Cries Before His Fans, From Across The Sea; Here’s Why He Got Emotional!
- News Opposition slams PM over Trump's mediation offer on Kashmir, asks why Modi is mum
- Sports At 34, playing second-fiddle to younger Rishabh Pant will not help Wriddhiman Saha
- Finance Yes Bank Shares Fell After Promoters Pledge Their Entire Stake At Bank
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani Gives Us A Jaw-dropping Moment With Her Red Lehenga At FDCI India Couture Week 2019
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
The new Toyota Corolla Sport is powered by a 1.2-litre engine with two states of tune: a turbo-petrol and a petrol-hybrid. The turbocharged petrol trim produces 114bhp, while the petrol-hybrid churns out 120bhp. The petrol-hybrid powertrain on the Corolla Sport is the same as on the Toyota Prius.
The engine is mated to a 10-step CVT gearbox. Toyota plans to add a manual transmission on the new Corolla Sport at a later stage. The higher trims of the Toyota Corolla Sport will also be available in an all-wheel-drive system.
The new Corolla Sport is part of the company's TNGA platform. This new platform comes with a lower centre of gravity, while also being sturdier than its predecessor.
Similar to the Corolla hatchback, the Sports version comes with Toyota's new sleek design philosophy. The hatchback features a large front grille, LED headlamps and sleek LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL). The Corolla Sport hatchback also features a unique ‘C' emblem for Japan's domestic market.
The rear of the hatchback receives boomerang-shaped split LED tail lights, roof-mounted spoilers and a shark fin antenna.
The Toyota Corolla Sport hatchback is available in a range of eight customizable paint schemes, including Scarlet Metallic and Cyan Metallic. The hatchback is also available in a newly developed Oxide Bronze Metallic paint choice.
Inside, the Corolla Hatchback features a sporty black and red cabin. The dashboard features black panels, with silver accents. The Sport version of the hatchback gets newly developed bucket seats with enhanced side bolster. It also features a seven-inch TFT multi-information display.
Safety features on the new Toyota Corolla Sport: Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, Automatic Emergency Braking System, Pedestrian Detection, Auto-High Beams and an Intelligent Cruise Control.
The Corolla Sport additionally features Toyota's Data Communication module as standard on the Japanese-spec model. This offers 24x7 connectivity services for safety and security based on real-time driving data.
Thoughts On The New Toyota Corolla Sport Hatchback
Internationally, the Toyota Corolla Sport will take on rivals such as the Hyundai i30 and the Honda Civic hatchback. There is no news of Toyota bringing the hatchback version of the Corolla to India. However, the company is expected to bring the all-new Corolla sedan based on the new TNGA platform sometime soon.