- 13 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 14 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 14 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 16 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- News RRB Paramedical Exam 2019: Revised notice to calculate scores
- Movies Kadaram Kondan Twitter Review: Here’s What The Audiences Feel About The Vikram Movie!
- Technology Buying Guide: No Cost EMI Offers On Best Laptops For Students
- Sports McIlroy disappointment at nightmare Open start not enhanced by being at Portrush
- Lifestyle Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Toyota Camry has been discontinued in the Indian market, as the company has removed the model from their website. This indicates that Toyota might bring in the latest-generation Hybrid model to India soon.
The new 2019 Toyota Camry hybrid was showcased at the Paris Motor Show, held earlier this year. The car has also been spotted testing in India on a number of occasions.
The upcoming 2019 Toyota Camry is larger in dimensions and comes part of the company's TGNA (Toyota New Global Architecture) platform. This is the same platform as seen on the recently launched Lexus ES300h — read our review here.
The larger overall dimensions of the new Toyota Camry brings improvement to the cabin space and practicality of the sedan. The new platform also offers 30 per cent more torsional rigidity while being lighter. This has helped improve the overall ride quality and reduce NVH levels.
The 2019 Toyota Camry comes with a host of features and updates. Some of the exterior upgrades include a large front grille, prominent creases on the bonnet and a set of LED headlights and taillights providing the saloon with an overall elegant look.
Inside, the new Toyota Camry hybrid comes with an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system, heads-up display, real-time onboard vehicle diagnostics and the brand's latest human-machine interface unit. The interior cabin is further expected to be offered with to choices: beige and black.
Other safety and driver assist features on the 2019 Toyota Camry: pre-collision system, cruise control, lane departure warning and automatic high beam. However, Toyota is yet to confirm how many of these features will make it to the Indian-spec model.
The international version of the 2019 Toyota Camry is expected to come powered by two petrol engine options; a 2.0-litre and 2.5-litre units. The 2.0-litre petrol is expected to churn out 165bhp and 199Nm of torque while the 2.5-litre will produce 209bhp and 250Nm of torque. The 2.5-litre will also further come mated to an electric motor to produce a combined power output of 210bhp.
The 2.0-litre petrol unit will come mated to a six-speed automatic gearbox while the 2.5-litre unit is mated to an eight-speed automatic.
In India, Toyota sold only the hybrid variant of the seventh-generation Camry. Hence we can assume that the upcoming eight-generation will also be offered in just the hybrid variant.
Thoughts On The Toyota Camry Discontinuation
Toyota has removed the seventh-generation Camry model from the company's official website. With the expected launch of the new model, sometime next year we can assume the new Camry to be similarly priced as the current model or at a slight premium. In the Indian market, the Toyota Camry takes on the likes of the Skoda Superb, Volkswagen Passat and the Honda Accord Hybrid.