- 13 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 14 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 14 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- Finance Rupee Trades Tad Lower At 68.57/ US Dollar
- Sports My gold medal in Naples is an answer to my critics, says Dutee Chand
- News Guru Purnima 2019: Wishes, messages and inspirational quotes on Vyasa Purnima
- Technology Honor 20 Review: Top-Notch Mid-Ranger With Few Shortcomings
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza's Colour-Blocked Sari Is Meant For Ladies Who Want To Look Simply Extraordinary
- Movies Sudeep Has The Most Humble Things To Say About The Villain Director! Prem Shares An Emotional Tweet
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
A 2019 Toyota Camry has been spotted testing on Bangalore roads. The new Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift was unveiled globally at 2018 Paris Motor Show and is currently in its seventh generation. The new eight-generation Camry shares its platform with the recently-launched Lexus ES 300h — read the review here.
The upcoming 2019 Camry is longer, wider and lower than the previous model; as evident from the images. The test car we managed to spot was obviously camouflaged but did not feature any fake body parts to hide its proportions. The exposed LED headlamp unit makes an expert recognise the car from a distance.
The multi-spoke alloy wheels look good and do not have the Toyota badge. The chrome handles have been left as it is while the windows also feature chrome treatment. The side profile shows how low the car rides.
The rear of the 2019 Toyota Camry test mule shows very minor details besides the partially-covered tail lamps. We can see the single exhaust tip while there is a provision for a dual-tip setup on the other side of the bumper too.
The new Toyota Camry features a bold design language which Toyota calls as ‘Keen Look'. The large front grille, the curvatures shaped in the form of a ‘V', the prominent creases on the bonnet and the adequate amounts of elegance form the majority of the design theme.
On the inside, everything has changed and an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system rests at the centre of the well-appointed dashboard. The fully-digital instrument console has got a modern-looking UI which shows all the vital information you need; some of which are borrowed by the Heads-Up Display.
As mentioned before, the 2019 Toyota Camry is based on the brand's TNGA (Toyota's New Global Architecture) platform which concentrates heavily on interior space without compromising on kerb weight.
Powering the eight-generation Toyota Camry is a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine which makes 176bhp and 221Nm of torque. In the hybrid format, the engine is assisted by an 88kW electric motor which bumps the power output to 208bhp.
The engine will come mated to a 7-step CVT automatic unit. In some markets, there will also be an eight-speed torque converter automatic transmission on offer. But India would most likely get the CVT variant.
The powertrain, Toyota Hybrid System II, is built to provide minimal energy losses under all load conditions. Unlike the previous model, the battery pack is under the rear seat rather than deep inside the boot.
The new Toyota Camry is expected to make its India-debut in the second quarter of 2019. The standard variant will be priced at around Rs 35 lakh while the hybrid model will cross the 40-lakh-mark; both prices being ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New Toyota Camry
The Toyota Camry, especially the hybrid variant, is one of the most popular sedans in the D-segment category, besides the Skoda Superb and the Honda Accord. Essentially a cheaper form of the Lexus ES 300h, the 2019 Camry brings a lot of new features and technology to its segment. Since the brand has started testing the car in India (probably for homologation purposes), expect more details of it to be revealed soon.