- 50 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 51 min ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 1 hr ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue Bookings And Deliveries — Receives Over 33,000 Bookings Within First Month
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team India practice indoors as rain washes out outdoor session at Old Trafford
- Movies Arjun Kapoor-Malaika Arora Jet Off To Mystery Destination For A Romantic Getaway!
- News Situation in Bengal nothing less than Emergency: Prakash Javadekar
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Toyota Alphard MPV might be launched in India in the near future. The government's decision to allow manufacturers to import 2500 units of any model without any homologation, is what which could lead to the India-launch of the Toyota Alphard.
The Alphard is one of Toyota's luxury offering in the MPV segment and is a successful product in many foreign markets, especially the ones in Asia itself. Toyota aims the Alphard to be the perfect luxurious mode of transport in business organisations. In fact, the majority of Alphard sales account to various corporates.
India has got a few Alphard models on the road but they were all imported. Besides the Alphard, its predecessor, the Toyota HiAce, is also a favourite MPV-import among Indians. However, the most popular MPV on the Indian market right now is the Toyota Innova Crysta while the new Mahindra Marazzo is also getting good traction on the market.
The Toyota Alphard was even showcased at Auto Expo 2018 which was held back in February 2018; further hinting a possible launch. The Alphard comes with a lot of advanced and interesting features and has also got a younger sibling — the Toyota Vellfire; another popular import.
In most markets, the Toyota Alphard is powered by a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine which makes 297bhp and 361Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission which drives either the front wheels or all four wheels in some variants.
The Toyota Alphard, as mentioned before, features a lot on the inside to make it ideal for business applications. The middle-row captain seating, ambient illumination, power-sliding doors, triple-zone climate control and the roof-mounted 10-inch Blu-Ray player are some of the things which contribute to the Toyota Alphard's desirability.
In some markets, the Alphard is also available as a hybrid, coupled to an all-wheel-drive system. The top-of-the-line Alphard Royal Lounge variant comes with only four seats (as opposed to the base eight-seater variant) and has got a divider between the driver compartment and the rear. Rather than the 10-inch Blu-Ray player, the Royal Lounge features a 23-inch TV on the divider.
The Toyota Alphard is available at a starting price of almost 40,000 US dollars (or roughly Rs 30 lakh in India without considering any taxation) in global markets. If launched in India, we expect the Toyota Alphard to have a price range between Rs 60 – 70 lakh ex-showroom, or maybe even more, depending on the variants offered.
Thoughts On The Toyota Alphard
The Toyota Alphard, if made available on the Indian market, will be a product appealing to a niche community in India. For the same reason, the brand could make it even a limited-run product and only a few variants would be on offer. However, for what it is meant for, the Toyota Alphard is one of the best choices in the MPV segment.