- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Round Two of the JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship was held last weekend at the Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore. The race weekend witnessed the participation of a number of contestants in different categories, giving their best on the track.
Among the competition was 15-year-old Tijil Rao, from Bangalore. The young racer, driving for Momentum Motorsports, participated in the JK Tyre Novice Cup.
Tijil Rao is the youngest racer in this year's FMSCI National Racing Championships. The young participant managed to secure his first win during the race weekend.
JK Tyre Novice Cup was held over three days; qualifying on Friday, races one and two on Saturday and the final round on Sunday.
Tijil Rao struggled through qualifying with a less-than-optimal engine and car setup. He somehow powered through and put his car in the 13th grid position.
With the engine not performing to the best of its capability, Tijil wasn't able to participate in the first race at all. This meant that he had to start from the bottom in the second race (As per rule, the starting position of a race depends on the finishing position of the previous one).
Working around the clock, Momentum Motorsports managed to fix a new engine on his car for the second race. With the new engine yet to run-in, Tijil managed to move up from 22nd to 6th position.
Race three on Sunday saw some exciting action between the top three racers. Meanwhile, Tijil managed to move up to 2nd position. He was able to hold his position until the end.
However, with a 10-second penalty awarded to the top driver, Ashwin Nair, young Tijil Rao managed to move to the top step of the podium, securing his first-ever victory.
Tijil was followed by Huzaifa Tinwala (Prudent Motorsports) and Yokeshwaran Krishnavelu (MSport) to finish the remaining podium places.
Thoughts On Tijil Rao Securing His First Victory
Tijil Rao, the 15-year-old racer from Bangalore, overcame a rare condition of Clubfoot to attain his first-ever victory in the National Racing Championships. With an aim to race in Formula One, Tijil is working hard towards achieving his dream. Know more about Tijil Rao - Here.