TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Everything You Need To Know: 10 GB RAM, 5G Support And More
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Method Of Performing Ayudha Pooja
- Raj Thackeray Reacts To Tanushree Dutta's Allegations: Nana Is Indecent, But Can't Do Such A Thing
- BMW Unveils Their All-New X7 SUV — The First Seven-Seater BMW In History
- Danish Kaneria Admits Guilt After Six Years Of Denial In Essex Fixing Case
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP unveiled at Auto Expo 2018. Tata Motors revealed the sporty version of the Tiago hatchback and the Tigor sub-compact sedan in India. Both the Tiago JTP and the Tigor JTP were developed by Tata Motors in partnership with Jayem Auto and carries the 'JTP' badge, possibly signifying 'Jayem Tata Performance'.
Both the models employ the 1.2-litre turbocharged three-cylinder engine from the Nexon SUV, while the intake and exhaust systems are tweaked for performance. The turbocharged petrol unit churns out 109bhp and 150Nm of torque giving the JTP versions a significant increase in power over the standard model's naturally aspirated engine.
It is reported that Tata Motors has optimised the gear ratios of the 5-speed manual gearbox of both the vehicles; however, Tata Motors has not revealed the performance numbers. Tata has tweaked the suspension setup featuring lowered springs, and reduction in the height.
On the exterior, the Tata Tiago JTP and the Tigor JTP features a large air dam and fog lamp housing along with red contrasting detailing, while the bonnet and the fenders feature air vents. Other visual updates include smoked projector headlamps, side skirts, and a rear diffuser which compliments the sporty look of the vehicle.
While the wheel size continues to be the same as the regular model of 15-inch, the diamond cut finish makes it stand out from the standard model. Braking duties are carried out by disc brakes at the front and drum brakes at the rear.
On the inside, the Tiago JTP and the Tigor JTP get an all-black theme, rich leather finish on the seats and steering along with aluminium pedals. Tata has equipped an upgraded the infotainment system to a touchscreen unit that comes connected to an eight-speaker system from Harman.
Thoughts About Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP
Both the cars look sporty and appealing to driving enthusiasts offering a better ride and handling. The Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP are a promising product for the company as well as for customers. Also, car buyers have a choice of either the regular Tiago which offers good mileage or you can choose the JTP versions of the cars which a sporty drive.