TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Every Indian Get Rs 15 Lakh As Narendra Modi Promised?
- IPL Auction 2019 — The Final List of Teams And Players
- Saturn Is Losing Its Rings At Maximum Pace — NASA
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Reliance In Talks With Saudi Arabia For Joint Petrochemicals Project
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- What Do The Bracelet Lines On The Palm Reveal?
Tata Motors Tamo Racemo sports car to be showcased at the Auto Expo 2018. The 2-door sports coupe was first unveiled at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show..
The Tamo Racemo is the first product developed from Tata Motors' Tamo mobility division and is based on Tata's MOFlex platform. The sportscar was designed by the Tata Motors Design Studio in Turin, Italy.
The Racemo comes in two variants - The regular Racemo and the track-focused Racemo+. The Racemo+ was also offered as a model in the iconic racing game, Forza Horizon. This made the Tamo Racemo the first Indian car to be featured in the Forza series.
The mid-engine Tata Tamo Racemo is powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged 3-cylinder petrol engine, putting out 186bhp and 210Nm of torque.
The engine is mated to a 6-speed AMT gearbox with paddle shifts. All the power is sent to the rear wheels.
The Tata Racemo has a claimed 0-100km/h time of around 6 seconds. At 800kg of kerb weight, the Racemo could also be a nimble sportscar.
The interiors of Tamo Racemo looks futuristic with the driver-centric dashboard layout and the triple information displays. The red accents add even more to the sporty character of the car.
The Tamo Racemo has even won the prestigious German Design Award 2018. However last year, Tata Motors decided to shelf the Tamo Racemo from production, to invest more in the commercial vehicle division.
Thoughts On Tata Motors Showcasing The Tamo Racemo At The Auto Expo 2018
The Tamo Racemo is the first connected sportscar from India, and it got a lot of people talking when it was first unveiled at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show.
Since the Racemo has been confirmed to be at the Auto Expo 2018, we just have to wait and see whether Tata Motors would finally bring it to production.