TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Tata Motors Tamo Racemo sports car to be showcased at the Auto Expo 2018. The 2-door sports coupe was first unveiled at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show..
The Tamo Racemo is the first product developed from Tata Motors' Tamo mobility division and is based on Tata's MOFlex platform. The sportscar was designed by the Tata Motors Design Studio in Turin, Italy.
The Racemo comes in two variants - The regular Racemo and the track-focused Racemo+. The Racemo+ was also offered as a model in the iconic racing game, Forza Horizon. This made the Tamo Racemo the first Indian car to be featured in the Forza series.
The mid-engine Tata Tamo Racemo is powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged 3-cylinder petrol engine, putting out 186bhp and 210Nm of torque.
The engine is mated to a 6-speed AMT gearbox with paddle shifts. All the power is sent to the rear wheels.
The Tata Racemo has a claimed 0-100km/h time of around 6 seconds. At 800kg of kerb weight, the Racemo could also be a nimble sportscar.
The interiors of Tamo Racemo looks futuristic with the driver-centric dashboard layout and the triple information displays. The red accents add even more to the sporty character of the car.
The Tamo Racemo has even won the prestigious German Design Award 2018. However last year, Tata Motors decided to shelf the Tamo Racemo from production, to invest more in the commercial vehicle division.
Thoughts On Tata Motors Showcasing The Tamo Racemo At The Auto Expo 2018
The Tamo Racemo is the first connected sportscar from India, and it got a lot of people talking when it was first unveiled at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show.
Since the Racemo has been confirmed to be at the Auto Expo 2018, we just have to wait and see whether Tata Motors would finally bring it to production.