- 22 min ago Formula One Legend Niki Lauda Passes Away At 70
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Rapid To Feature New 1.0-Litre TSI Engine — Upgrading The Czechs
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Venue Compact-SUV Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.50 Lakh
- Movies Ambareesh's Remuneration For His Last Film Kurukshetra Will Leave You In Shock! Details Inside
- Technology Infinix S4 launched in India with triple rear camera, 32MP front camera and more
- Sports World Cup prize money not too high than IPL
- Finance Reliance Beats IOC To Become India's Biggest Company In Revenue Terms
- News Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray to attend Amit Shah's NDA dinner
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Nexon AMT launched in India: Tata Motors has launched the Nexon AMT in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs 9.41 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Tata Nexon AMT is based on the top-spec XZA+ trim. The Nexon AMT also comes with a diesel-automatic combination.
The Tata Nexon AMT is offered in both petrol and diesel XZA+ trim. The petrol version of the Nexon AMT is priced at Rs 9.41 lakh and the diesel variant carries a price tag of 10.3 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Tata Nexon AMT draws power from the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 108bhp and 170Nm of torque. The diesel engine churns out 108bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both the engines are mated to a 6-speed AMT gearbox.
The Tata Nexon AMT also features a manual mode which automatically engages the sport mode. The Nexon gets multiple driving modes: Eco, City and Sport as standard. The Nexon AMT is also equipped with hill-assist for ascends and descends and creep function to tackle heavy traffic.
Currently, the Tata Nexon AMT is available in the top-spec XZA+ and shares technology from the manual XZ+ variants. The features of the Nexon AMT include projector headlamps with LED DRLs, fog lamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a wearable smart key.
The Tata Nexon AMT is available with a new dual-tone orange and silver colour scheme which differentiates it from the manual models.
Apart from the Nexon AMT, Tata Motors also launched its car customisation platform called as Imaginator. Through Imaginator a buyer can enhance the looks of the car by adding accessories. Through the new platform, customers can also purchase accessories online.
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon AMT
The Tata Nexon AMT comes with the diesel-AMT combination which will be the selling point of the compact SUV. None of its direct competitors offers automatic gearbox in the diesel model.
The petrol model of the Nexon AMT undercuts the Ford EcoSport Titanium+ AT by Rs 1.96 lakh. However, the Ford EcoSport Trend+ AT trim is priced at Rs 9.76 lakh. You can also read our first drive review of the Tata Nexon to know more about the SUV.