- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 19 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 20 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Finance Poor Returns From Small Cap Mutual Funds: What Should Investors Do?
- Movies Kadaram Kondan Movie Review: Chiyaan Vikram Is The Real Conquerer Of This Action Entertainer!
- Technology Oppo K3 With Pop-Up Selfie Camera India Launch Set For Today At 6PM
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Tata Motors unveiled the Nexon AMT variant at the 2018 Auto Expo. Now, ET Brand Equity reports that the Tata Nexon AMT will be launched in the country by the end of April or May 2018. The Nexon has been one of the best-selling product for Tata Motors in India.
The report states that the Tata Nexon AMT will be launched mid-way through IPL. The Tata Nexon is the official partner of the Indian Premier League and the company might utilise this opportunity to launch the AMT model. The 2018 IPL is scheduled from April 7 to May 27, 2018.
Apart from launching the Tata Nexon AMT, Tata Motors will also introduce a new exclusive colour for the SUV. It is likely to be the new Orange colour which was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo in February.
The new Tata Nexon AMT will draw power from the existing 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine and 1.5-litre Revotorq diesel engine. The turbocharged petrol engine produces 108.5bhp and 170Nm of torque. The turbocharged diesel engine churns out 108.5bhp and 260Nm of torque. Both the engines will be mated to a 6-speed AMT gearbox.
Tata Motors is expected to offer AMT in the mid-spec XT trim and the top-spec XZ and XZ+ trim. Tata Motors recently launched Nexon XZ trim which is slotted below the top-of-the-range XZ+ model. The features and equipment on the AMT model is likely to remain the same.
Tata Motors launched the Nexon in India in September 2017 and the SUV has been selling in good numbers since its launch. As of February 28, 2018, Tata Motors has produced 25,000 units of the Nexon at the Ranjangaon plant. You can also read our first drive review for more details of the Tata Nexon.
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon AMT
The AMT cars are becoming extremely popular in the Indian market due to its ease of use. Now, Tata Motors is all set to launch the Nexon AMT in the country. We expect the Nexon AMT to be dearer by Rs 50,000 as compared to the manual model. Currently, the Nexon is priced in the range of Rs 6.15 lakh to Rs 9.89 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi).