TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Fall Of Left And Rise Of BJP In West Bengal
- Bumrah Has 'Recovered Well' After Hurting Shoulder: Mumbai Indians Team Management
- Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Driven Around With Fuel Pump Nozzle & Hose Stuck In The Car
- Filmfare Awards 2019 Winners List — Alia Bhatt & Ranbir Kapoor Take Home Awards For BEST ACTOR
- Skullcandy Push Review — Smart, Stylish Truly Wireless Earbuds
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- World Tuberculosis Day: Ayurvedic Treatment For Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Sensex Drops Sharply As Recession Fears Loom
Tata Motors has revealed the details of the new Nexon AMT variant. The new automatic transmission on the Tata Nexon will be available only on the top-end XZA+ for both petrol and diesel variants.
The Tata Nexon AMT was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and will be launched in India early next month.
The new Nexon gets an 'AMT' badge, along with a new colour option, a dual-tone orange with silver shade. This new paint scheme is the same as seen on the AMT model displayed at the Auto Expo.
The new AMT variant receives the same, 1.2-litre Revotron and the 1.5-litre Revotorq petrol and diesel engines respectively. Both the petrol and diesel power units churn out 108.5 bhp and 170Nm and 260Nm of peak torque respectively. Both engines come mated to the new six-speed automatic gearbox
The top-end XZA+ trim borrows all features from the XZ+ manual variant. These features include projector headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), 60:40 folding rear seats, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, 16-inch alloy wheels, steering mounted controls, ABS with EBD, dual-front airbags and front and rear fog lamps. The top trim also features a wearable smart key as an option.
The prices for the new Tata Nexon AMT has not been announced, although it is expected to be priced at a premium of Rs 30,000 compared to the XZ+ dual-tone variant. Prices for the Nexon XZ+ variant start from Rs 9.01 lakh for the petrol version, while the diesel version is priced at Rs 9.89 lakh, both ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon AMT Variant
The Tata Nexon takes on rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport. The Nexon is the only SUV among its rivals to offer an automatic transmission on both its petrol and diesel variants.