- Sports Five stars who featured in 2015 World Cup, but won't play in 2019
- Technology Oppo Reno series to be Flipkart exclusive in India; slated to launch on May 28
- News MJ Akbar denies interview meeting with Ramani at Oberoi Hotel, next hearing on July 6
- Finance ULIPs Can Help In Long Term Wealth Creation: This Is How?
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors has officially started accepting bookings for the upcoming Nexon AMT. With the launch of the Tata Nexon AMT to be held sometime in May 2018, booking for the SUV can now be made across all Tata Dealerships for an amount of Rs 11,000.
The Tata Nexon AMT was first unveiled at the 2018 Auto Expo and is the first sub-four-metre compact SUV offering from Tata Motors. The new AMT transmission will initially be available only on the top-end XZA+ variant of the Nexon.
The Nexon XZA+ variant will carry forward all the features of the top-end manual XZ+ trim. Additional features on the AMT include Smart Hill Assist, Crawl Function and an Intelligent Transmission Controller with anti-stall, kick-down and fast-off.
The Nexon AMT is similar to its manual variants in all aspects, with only the new badge and the option of a new paint scheme, Etna Orange with a Sonic Silver dual-tone roof, to help differentiate between them.
According to Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors,"Since its launch in 2017, the Tata Nexon has set new benchmarks in India's fastest growing SUV segment and has been one of the most appreciated products from the house of Tata Motors."
He further added, "With the AMT market in India thriving, we are all set to leverage this opportunity by introducing our Level Nex star player on the pitch - the Nexon with HyprDrive Self-Shift Gears."
He also mentioned, "This car has been one of the most awaited products in the AMT segment and we are confident that this product will not only be high on convenience but will also thrill the customers with its sporty drive performance. We look forward to introducing many more such path-breaking products in the near future."
The new six-speed AMT gearbox from Tata Motors comes mated to both the 1.5-litre Revotron petrol and the 1.5-litre Revotorq diesel engines. Both engines produce 108.5bhp with 170Nm and 260Nm of torque respectively. The engine gets three different drive modes: Eco, City and Sport as standard.
The AMT transmission can also be used in a manual mode, which once engaged shifts the drive mode automatically into sport.
Also Read: Tata Nexon IPL Edition Spotted In Mumbai Dealerships
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon AMT Bookings
With the launch of the Nexon AMT, we can expect Tata Motors to price the car between the range of Rs 7 - 10 lakh, ex-showroom. The Nexon reached the 25,000 units production milestone last month, showing the growing popularity of the SUV in India.